Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2019 it generated revenues of € 70.5 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as one of the world’s leading space companies. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
A vacancy for a Competition law Legal Counsel (m/f) has arisen within Airbus in Toulouse.
Tasks & accountabilities
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include: (under the supervision of the Ho Competition law)
· Merger & Acquisition transactions: by assisting M&A and Strategy departments group-wide in the context of all contemplated M&A opportunities, and monitoring third parties’ transactions notified before competition authorities (for the ones negatively impacting Airbus, building a group-wide position through the collection of the inputs of all internal stakeholders and liaising with competition authorities where required);
· Contracts and Market behaviours: assisting the business and legal communities in the analysis of potential competition law/antitrust issues arising in the course of day–to-day business (in particular, cooperation agreements, teaming agreements in the context of tender offers with third parties, relationships with the industrial supply chain, distribution networks, research and development cooperation, etc.);
· State Aids: assessing financing schemes for new programs from a State aid standpoint and, when required, liaising with the relevant State stakeholders;
· Investigations/Pre-litigation/Litigation: managing all competition law/antitrust-related investigations, pre-litigation and litigation impacting any entity of the group;
· Training/ Antitrust Compliance Programme: providing competition law/antitrust trainings for managers/key business employees (e.g. procurement, sales) and for the legal community. You will also participate to the drafting of all Competition law-related documentation (methods, guidelines, leaflets, digital tools).
This role will involve some travel for business worldwide and as such you must be able to travel accordingly.
You will have the following skills and experience:
· Educated to Master degree level in Law with a specialization in antitrust/competition laws matters.
· At least 3 years of professional experience in competition law, ideally in a law-firm.
· Ability to simultaneously manage several complex legal and internal procedures involving multiple internal departments and third party stakeholders such as competition authorities, governments, industrial partners and law firms;
· Strategic insight and value-added orientation; Ability to build excellent internal relationships and to manage the transformation of general and detailed market information into a legally coherent and concise case;
· Open-minded, autonomous, responsive and creative:
· Cooperative and team-worker.
· Language Skills: negotiation level of English. German and/or French would be an asset.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.