Job Function: Accounting & Finance
State / Province: Portugal
Position Type: Full time
City / Location: Porto
Somewhere, in one of our workshops right now, the future is taking shape. We are constantly working to redefine the way clothing and footwear transforms the pitch, court or course. This is what drives us: the feeling of discovery and the urge to innovate. When we create a product that makes our hearts beat faster, we know we’re onto something.
If this sounds inspiring, you might be one of us: Someone who loves to create the present, as well as shape the future. There’s a reason adidas has been at the forefront of defining sport for more than 60 years: We never stand still. Everyday, we work to improve everything we create.
At adidas, interesting, amazing and inspiring aren’t just ideas. They are what we do every single day.
adidasShared Services in Porto delivers high quality services for Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Retail Accounting, eCommerce Accounting, Non Trade Procurementand other Finance processes for adidas companies located in Europe and Americas.
However, our success journey continues and we will now integrate several additional Teams in Porto. We are creators in our fields, thinking strategically about how digital tools can make reporting more transparent and targets more controllable. If you see yourself as a coach, playmaker, planner and problem solver, we invite you to be a part of our team.
Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organization:
Prepare and manage for the applicable regions the end to end Tax and filing process for the adidas subsidiaries, within a highly automated set up.
· Manage the preparation of complex / high volume Tax declarations from beginning to end, including data extraction, controls, input, review, submission and documentation
· Knowledge and performance of tax calculations
· Manage the preparation of declarations from beginning to end, including data extraction, controls, input, review, submission and documentation
· Further improve or develop reports for the creation and/or checking of the declarations
· Ensure that Tax accounts are correct and reconciled with declarations and P&L
· Ensure that all tasks in the filing dashboard are completed (including standard reconciliations and basic filing checks)
· Preparation, and take care of payment, of complex / high volume Tax filings
· Fiscal Books preparation and analysis
· Support month and closing procedures
· Keep daily control over documents received
· Follow strictly deadlines for taxes
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Good knowledge of Excel
· Team player
· Good communication skills and the capability to independently interact with different stakeholders
· Ability to work independently and with deadlines
· Fluency in English, both verbal and written
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
· A bachelor’s or master’s degree with emphasis on the areas of business, economics, finance, or legal, or comparable professional education