Job Function: Retail (Store)
State / Province: British Columbia
Position Type: Part time
City / Location: Vancouver
Somewhere, in one of our workshops right now, the future is taking shape. We are constantly working to redefine the way clothing and footwear transforms the pitch, court or course. This is what drives us: the feeling of discovery and the urge to innovate. When we create a product that makes our hearts beat faster, we know we’re onto something.
If this sounds inspiring, you might be one of us: Someone who loves to create the present, as well as shape the future. There’s a reason adidas has been at the forefront of defining sport for more than 60 years: We never stand still. Everyday, we work to improve everything we create.
At adidas, interesting, amazing and inspiring aren’t just ideas. They are what we do every single day.
Assist customers in determining which products and services best fit their needs and interest them in the merchandise. Promotes the sale of merchandise by meeting or exceeding standards for productivity. Maintains awareness of all product requirements and information, promotions and advertising. Maintains inventory and provides customer service. Accountable for accurate and complete sales transactions.
· Assists customers in the selection of adidas merchandise, while providing information about the product, materials, technology, and functionality.
· Ensures adidas’ customer service standards are upheld by listening to customer’s wants and needs, and providing product information when required.
· Drive and close sales by utilizing adidas’ selling techniques and the in-store AOS system (where available).
· Completes customer sales transactions (cash, credit, debit, etc.).
· Maintains store appearance, assists in processing and replenishing merchandise and assist with customer service inquiries.
· Proficient knowledge of adidas’ products and programs, including technology, product information and requirements, merchandise promotions, and advertising.
· Help to support and create a team environment by respecting co-workers.
· Adheres to adidas’ brand values and Sales Associate competencies.
· Assist with telephone duties.
· Adheres to company policy and procedures relating to inventory control.
· Other duties as required by store management.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities :
· Must possess and consistently exhibit the competencies relative to the position.
· Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
· Ability to write simple correspondence.
· Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers and other employees of the organization.
· Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
· Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
· Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
· Ability to use a point of sale system/ Basic understanding of cash register functions and cash procedures.
· Ability to exercise good judgment and decision making skills.
· Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Demonstrate excellent customer service.
· Ability to work a varied schedule including weekends, evenings and statutory holidays. Also able to work overtime hours during peak sales periods which include, but are not limited to, Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter, Mother's Day, Father's Day, and Back-to-School.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 12 kg and occasionally lift and/or move up to 34 kg.
· Must be proficient in English & French (verbal and written)
Qualifications (Minimum required education and experience):
· Must have or be pursuing a high school diploma or general education degree (GED).
· Three to six month’s retail experience is preferred.
adidas Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates, including those with disabilities, and will accommodate applicants’ needs, upon request, throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. If selected to participate in an interview, accommodations will be made available on request. Please inform the Recruiter of the accommodation(s) that you may require. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.