Country: Greater China
Job Function: Design
State / Province: China (Peoples Republic of)
Position Type: Full time
City / Location: Shanghai
Somewhere, in one of our workshops right now, the future is taking shape. We are constantly working to redefine the way clothing and footwear transforms the pitch, court or course. This is what drives us: the feeling of discovery and the urge to innovate. When we create a product that makes our hearts beat faster, we know we’re onto something.
If this sounds inspiring, you might be one of us: Someone who loves to create the present, as well as shape the future. There’s a reason adidas has been at the forefront of defining sport for more than 60 years: We never stand still. Everyday, we work to improve everything we create.
At adidas, interesting, amazing and inspiring aren’t just ideas. They are what we do every single day.
Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organization:
To design market right products for the adidas Label as part of an international design team in cooperation with marketing and development.
· Be at the global forefront of design trends and innovation and their application.
· Own the creative process to make sure that the final products meet commercial and image objectives.
· Design and execute product, select materials and colour for the international inline range based on the direction from the SeniorDesigner and in close cooperation with marketing.
· Ensure good communication with product management and development.
· Design collections (this includes hand sketches, illustrations, technical drawings, colour concepts and coloured sketches, mood boards, merchandizing boards, graphic solutions…)
· Ensure proper handover of sketches into development and / or manufacturer. Main duty is to submit all relevant information needed for the development process such as sketches, detail sketches, fabric and trim indication, artworks, etc. Follow up on proto typing and reviewing designs in fittings
· Collect relevant information needed to create international productfor a global market. This includes all possible sources to gain information:
- Trade publications & trade fairs
· general interest press, trend services, fashion & sportswear magazines, store checks, market visits, team travel
· Conduct trend and travel reports for the design team and present findings to marketing.
· Build/create the seasonal colour card and material palette together with the direction of the SeniorDesigner
· Ensure an efficient process and communication flow between design, marketing and development for all issues regarding the products
· Present the designs internally and help with presentations, which support the launch of products externally.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities :
· Basic knowledge of pattern making and material consumption, fabric and trim usage
· Expertise and knowledge about details such as embroideries, prints, material washing standards
· Excellent communicational skills in English
· Presentation skills to present design concepts internally as well as externally to clearly explain design ideas from concept to finalization
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
· BA or MA in Fashion / Accessories design or a comparable education
· Advanced computer skills on Apple Mac (Adobe Illustrator, Photo Shop)
· Product knowledge
· High level of creativity & commerciality
· Minimum 2 years of experience indesign
· Fluent in English