Wimbledon, Greater London
Transport & Logistics - Transport & Logistics
· Job type
Transport and Logistics
· External Reference
Adecco are currently recruiting for a TRANSPORT PLANNER to work for a Local Authority in Wandsworth.
TEMPORARY ROLE (MINIMUM 3 MONTH ASSIGNMENT)
FULL TIME - M TO F - 36 HOURS PER WEEK
£15.45 PER HOUR
To assist in the delivery of a high quality, robust and transparent decision making within tight time frames on transportation matters to ensure that the Planning and Transport Division is recognised as delivering an excellent service for all of our customers. The Transport Planner will assist a small team of Transport professionals in providing definitive professional advice for the Council, creating and applying transport policy and strategy and best practice and delivering successful planning outcomes. The scope of work will include assisting in one or more of day to day liaison with Transport for London (TfL) on the Local Implementation Plan, progression of major transportation projects/ initiatives, travel awareness initiatives and provision of expert transportation and traffic and highway engineering advice into the development management system. To undertake appropriate training to help them acquire the skills and knowledge so that they can become self-reliant in dealing with technical and people issues as required.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
· To be responsible to the Principal Transport Planner and work under the supervision of a Senior Transport Planner.
· To undertake a full range of transport strategy work under supervision including the development and review of specialist transport strategy areas, to include public transport initiatives, travel awareness, including walking and cycling and major infrastructure schemes, working to identifiable deadlines in a manner that is consistent with meeting corporate targets and objectives.
· To liaise with TfL on the preparation of the local Implementation Plan and the annual funding submission.
· To provide pre-application advice, the input of transport strategy and traffic engineering advice to straightforward planning applications, working to identifiable deadlines in a manner that is consistent with meeting corporate targets and objectives.
· To work under supervision to assess, engage and set out clear and robust transport strategy formulation in an accurate, well written officer report based on an up-to-date and relevant evidence base.
· To obtain an up-to-date knowledge of national and regional policy and relevant legislation and to take a proactive approach to relevant changes in legislation.
· To assist in identifying issues and proposing improvements and creative solutions within the context of current and future service requirements in order to continually deliver high quality, customer focused planning services to managers and our full range of customers.
· To ensure that all transport strategy formulation is undertaken with due regard to the Councils' corporate objectives.
· Implement, under supervision, components of larger projects in order to deliver organisational objectives as well as enabling agreed changes in transport strategy and processes to take place, taking responsibility for project management as required.
· On occasion to present your own recommendations to internal and public meetings on straightforward transport issues in a clear and concise manner including providing professional advice to Members and the public.
· Provide advice and guidance in response to transport best practice, procedure or policy within a legal/organisational policy framework.
· To ensure that you meet service-wide and corporate performance indicators, targets and customer service standards for the full range of your own workload and also any work of junior officers that you are supervising.
· To assist in the preparation of specialist evidence in respect of appeals including presenting evidence at Public Inquiries, Hearings and written representations.
· To participate in matters relating to policy compliance and enforcement matters and conflict resolution to ensure high quality innovative outcomes that reflect Council-wide objectives and policies.
CRITERIA FOR PROGRESSION TO SO1 (as per Scale 6 plus the following):
· Undertakes transport strategy projects or casework at the following level under the limited supervision of a Senior Transport Planner:-
· the development and review of specialist transport strategy areas;
· public transport initiatives;
· travel awareness, including walking and cycling; and
· major infrastructure schemes.
· Assess, negotiate and set out clear and robust recommendations in an accurate, well written officer report based on the relevant transport strategy and other material considerations.
· Provide advice and guidance as required in response to transport best practice, procedure or policy within a legal/organisational policy framework and develop solutions or recommendations to meet service needs.
· To ensure that you meet service-wide and corporate performance indicators, targets and customer service standards.
· To initiate, participate in and where necessary take a lead role on matters relating to compliance and enforcement matters and conflict resolution to ensure high quality innovative outcomes that reflect Council-wide objectives and policies.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy