London, Greater London
£ 16.52 - £ 21.38 / Hourly
Public Sector - Housing
· Job type
· External Reference
Adecco are currently recruiting for a TEMPORARY ACCOMMODATION OFFICER for a Local Authority in WANDSWORTH.
TEMPORARY ACCOMMODATION OFFICER
FULL TIME - 36 HOURS PER WEEK
TEMPORARY ROLE - MATERNITY/PATERNITY COVER
£16.52 PER HOUR PAYE / £21.38 PER HOUR UMBRELLA
*DBS ON UPDATE SERVICE DESIRABLE*
1. Responsible for the selection and letting of all types of temporary accommodation within statutory guidelines, under each Councils' sovereign housing duties and Homeless Code of Guidance.
2. Responsible for the administrative functions in relation to temporary offers, including the statutory discharge of duty and investigating suitability reviews.
3. Responsible for the management of accommodation provided to homeless households occupying various type of temporary accommodation managed by third party landlords through regular inspections. Ensuring occupation by homeless households, compliance proper standards of repair, health and safety and amenities to provide quality accommodation for homeless families. To be on call for out of hours emergencies and participate in duty rotas across the service.
4. To attend court where relevant to matters of litigation or other legal proceedings. To draft replies for reports in respect of enquiries from Councillors, members, LGO, solicitors and other agencies.
5. Responsible for administering, promoting and developing the Councils'' various housing procurement initiatives and projects. Responsible for promoting the various options and arranging tenancies for properties under the Councils' schemes.
6. To ensure long term supply of competitively priced suitable accommodation to meet the Councils' statutory and policy aims
7. Responsible for developing links and partnerships with private sector landlords and letting agents and other providers of housing to increase the supply of suitable accommodation to meet various housing duties and powers for households who are homeless or at risk of homelessness, and/or seeking housing mobility.
8. Responsible for inspecting potential properties in and outside of the boroughs, assessing physical conditions and verifying various issues relevant to the suitability of such properties for the Councils' housing purposes. Negotiates, within approved procedures, the terms on which the Council will procure properties including the payment of monies whether by way of lease agreements or as procurement and/or tenancy renewal incentives.
9. To provide any ongoing necessary support and advice for the landlords who have accepted referred applicants.
Desirable: familiar with IT systems Q matic/Civica W2/Northgate
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy
Please apply with your CV to: Sadie Nunn