London, Greater London
Charity & Not-for-Profit - Care Services
· Job type
Charity and Not-for-profit
· External Reference
Adecco are currently recruiting for Residential Support Workers for a number of Local Authorities around West and South-West London.
RESIDENTIAL SUPPORT WORKERS
WEST & SOUTH-WEST LONDON
SHIFT BASIS 7.30am - 2.30pm or 2:00pm - 9.30pm weekends included
TEMPORARY ROLE - 3 MONTHS MINIMUM
A DBS ON THE UPDATE SERVICE IS IDEAL BUT NOT ESSENTIAL
· In accordance with the policies and procedures of Your Healthcare, the post holder will work as a part of team to meet the personal and social care needs of older people with dementia.
· The post holder will work with a person centred approach to create a homely environment, respect individual rights and promote dignity, ensuring service users are treated as individuals in every area of their daily lives.
Key Result Areas
· Assisting clients with their personal care, e.g. washing, bathing, dressing, shaving, washing hair, nail cutting etc. dealing with incontinence, catheter care and stoma care in accordance with the Your Healthcare policies and procedures.
· To act as a keyworker to individual clients, assessing and monitoring physical, emotional and social needs, participating in devising care plans with clients and other appropriate people.
· To participate in the training and promotion of the Eden Alternative Ethos of care & the Dementia Care Mapping tool in the care of clients.
· To ensure all calls on the residents' call system are answered promptly.
· To initiate and lead group activities as part of the Centre programme as agreed by the Specialist Activity Co-ordinator.
· To attend supervision with your line manager in order to assist with personal and professional development.
· Distributing medicines, including administering eye drops, in accordance with the GP's instructions, departmental procedures, and client's rights.
· Assisting all resource centre users to see the doctor, district nurse, chiropodist, occupational therapist or any other health or social care professionals.
· Helping clients with mobility problems, including assisting them in getting to the lounge or dining areas, toilet etc. and working with the Occupational Therapist in line with the Moving and handling regulations and Your Healthcare procedures.
· Emptying and cleaning commodes, sluicing and soaking of soiled linen in accordance with the Your Healthcare Health and Hygiene Policy.
· Assist resource centre users, when requested, in tidying personal belongings and washing personal clothes.
· Assisting, when required, with all aspects of resident's meals.
· To maintain accurate, contemporaneous and comprehensive records of clients for whom they are key worker and to pass on appropriate information at the end of each shift.
· Accompanying resource centre users, if requested, to any outside visits.
· Attending staff and other meetings as required, e.g. service user reviews.
· To be aware of, and adhere to, the Your Healthcare's charter of rights for older people.
· To participate in the planning of the Resource Centres Aims and Objectives to include the Team Business Plan.
· To participate in fund raising and social events for the benefit of all service users.
· Undertaking any other caring functions commensurate with the grade including being involved with residents in social and other activities.
· Carrying out all duties in accordance with departmental policy, procedure and practice in particular Health & Safety at Work Regulations, EEC Directives, and Health and Hygiene Policy.
· To implement and contribute positively to the development of the Your Healthcare equal opportunities policies and procedure.
The duties of this post may change and develop over time. The post holder will be expected to monitor such changes and developments and in conjunction with the
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy