Chessington, Greater London
£ 10.9 - £ 12 / Hour
Public Sector - Social Care
· Job type
· External Reference
Urgent Help Needed! Residential Care Home- Chessington
Part Time and Full Time Candidates Needed!
Must hold an NVQ level 2 in care qualification
Job Title: Residential Care Officer
Pay Rate: £10.90 PAYE p/h (Enhanced Pay given for Unsocialable hours)
Length: Temporary 3 months (potential of being ongoing)
Location: Amy Woodgate, Chessington, Surrey, KT9 2SN
Amy Woodgate Residential Care Home accommodates 44 elderly residents.
Shifts: 7.30am-2.30pm or 2pm-9.30pm Weekends included
Start Date: ASAP!
The Amy Woodgate Specialist Resource is based in Chessington and is a centre that provides a residential and day care service for older people with dementia.
We are looking for motivated individuals to join the dedicated team in providing high quality personal, practical and emotional support to our residents. Applicants will need to have an understanding and empathy for people with dementia whether this has been gained through working with people with dementia or personal experience.
You will receive full training and will offer a supportive working environment. You must hold an NVQ level 2 in care qualification . A genuine regard and respect for older people with Dementia and a sense of humour and flexibility are essential to be successful in this role
The successful candidates will be working as part of a team to meet the personal and social care needs of older people with dementia. We are looking for candidates with person centred approach to create a homely environment, respect individual rights and promote dignity, ensuring service users are treated as individuals in every area of their daily lives.
Duties will include but will not be limited to:
· Assisting clients with their personal care, e.g. washing, bathing, dressing, shaving, washing hair, nail cutting etc. dealing with incontinence, catheter care and stoma care.
· To act as a keyworker to individual clients, assessing and monitoring physical, emotional and social needs, participating in devising care plans with clients and other appropriate people.
· To ensure all calls on the residents' call system are answered promptly.
· To initiate and lead group activities as part of the Centre programme as agreed by the Specialist Activity Co-ordinator.
· Distributing medicines, including administering eye drops, in accordance with the GP's instructions, departmental procedures, and client's rights.
· Assisting all resource centre users to see the doctor, district nurse, chiropodist, occupational therapist or any other health or social care professionals.
For more information please contact
*PLEASE NOTE ONLY SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED*
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy