London, Greater London
Office and Secretarial - Administrator
· Job type
Office and Secretarial
· External Reference
Records Administrator within Higher Education
Our client, based in higher education are looking to recruit a Records Administrator to support and assist the work of the Assessment Records Officers in all aspects of research degree examination processes, including examination entry, thesis submission and award. The post-holder will liaise with students, research examiners, professional services and academic staff on various operational processes relating to the final stages of the research student life cycle and assist with degree award document production and dispatch.
· Location: South Kensington
· Pay: £16.02 per hour
· Duration: Ongoing
· Hours: 35 hours per week, Monday to Friday
· Start Date: October 2019
Student Assessment Records
· Updating and maintaining College databases in relation to research degree assessment and examination data, including research milestones, thesis submission details and award information.
· Processing the examination entry and nomination of examiner forms from Academic Departments and updating examiner information in the student system once approved.
· Responsibility for the integrity of records on the central student record system (OSS) and other registry databases.
· Maintaining records of thesis submission and examination data for postgraduate research students.
· Liaising with colleagues and external suppliers regarding thesis submissions and providing examiner information for thesis dispatch.
· Answering telephone, written and electronic enquiries and assisting with routine correspondence in relation to the examination of research degree candidates
· Assist with the production of degree award documentation for postgraduate research students, including award letters and degree certificates, and supporting arrangements for dispatch (via DHL etc.)
· Assisting with general College duties when deemed necessary (i.e. College Awards Ceremonies, College Open Days, Student Registrations, etc.).
· To act in a flexible proactive way and be prepared to work with colleagues in other areas of Registry when deemed appropriate (i.e. during times of peak activity, annual leave, sickness, etc.).
· The post holder is expected to familiarize, keep updated and comply with all College policies and regulations (i.e. Health and Safety, Data Protection, etc.).
· Other administrative and clerical duties within Registry as directed by senior staff.
· Keep skills up to date and develop expertise in the key areas of the role.
· Improve professional capability and expertise through appropriate development and professional activity.
· For operational reasons it is anticipated that from time to time staff may be transferred, on a temporary basis, between areas within Registry.
· Experience of data analysis or calculations, presenting findings/results accurately and appropriately to support effective reporting of information.
· Experience of providing a responsive, customer-focused service - on the telephone, via electronic medium and face-to-face.
· Demonstrated professional and personal commitment to complete tasks successfully and produce excellent results at work (or in other activities).
· Proven experience as a cooperative team member who can also work independently.
· Experience working in a similar role, ideally in a student records environment.
· Relevant knowledge gained from job related training, for example training on software such as Banner, SITS or OSS, or soft-skills training such as business process review, customer service skills, dealing with difficult customers.
If this is the role for you, then apply today! Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Adecco is an equal opportunities provider.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy