Sutton, Greater London
Accountancy & Finance - Public Sector Accountancy & Finance
· Job type
· External Reference
JOB TITLE: Finance Business Partner
LOCATION: Working from home / Based in Sutton when safe to return to the office
PAY RATE: £350 per day (Umbrella - or PAYE equivalent available)
START DATE: ASAP
DURATION: initial 3 month contract
IR35 STATUS: Inside
The Shared Finance Service ambition is to add value, inspire success and this role is part of the Shared Finance Service (SFS) team collectively responsible for delivering SFS activities to realise this ambition. The role provides financial support and advice to budget managers across both Councils, with the aim of enabling them to manage their budgets in a challenging financial environment.
The postholder will mainly support at least one of the service areas of the Councils and will partner and collaborate with colleagues across the Shared Finance Service to provide seamless finance support to our customers. Working closely with the Senior Finance Business Partners , you will provide financial management support and advice to service areas across the core financial cycle of budget setting, budget monitoring and closing of the accounts. You will also act as a critical friend to the business and provide insightful financial analysis to support business improvement and change.
· Provide high quality professional advice and support to budget managers
· Translate financial and business activity data into insightful analysis, supporting budget managers with their in year budget monitoring and medium term financial planning. This includes utilising key internal business systems and external data sources
· Understand and help embed compliance with core financial management process and contribute to the continuous improvement of these processes
· Help identify development needs in relation to financial management and strategies to meet these needs including training for new budget managers.
· Work in close partnership with Senior Finance Business Partners in supporting business strategic vision into operational success
· Have a detailed understanding of finance processes with an aim to spread this knowledge to services to enable self sufficiency.
· Provide financial support to projects and business change
· Support core financial processes and activities, including financial planning and budgeting, financial management and monitoring activities, and financial year end processes
· Provide support and advice to budget managers carrying out financial operational tasks.
· Proactively contribute to identify improvements in customer support and processes
· Provide line management to one or more Apprentices on a rotation basis as required
Essential Knowledge and Experience
· Proven ability to analyse and interpret financial and non-financial information and communicate in a clear and concise manner.
· Proactively seek to develop and improve how the team and the SFS as a whole operates.
· Excellent IT skills including MS excel and Google apps
· Strong communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively with finance and non-finance professionals
· Understanding the operational context of Local Authorities
· Ability to prioritise and manage own workload in light of competing priorities and tight deadlines
· Experience supporting budget managers through the core finance processes of budget setting, monitoring and closing of the accounts.
Desirable Knowledge and Experience
· AAT, CCAB or CIMA part qualified/qualified or demonstrable equivalent experience of operating at that level.
· Ability to undertake financial evaluations including value for money tests and options appraisals using a range of decision making techniques.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy
Please apply with your CV to: Emily Day