£ 23000 - £ 25000 / Year
Creative, Design and Architecture - Creative, Design and Architecture
· Job type
Engineering, Aerospace and Automotive
· External Reference
My client based in Cramlington are looking for a Product Development Engineer to join their rapidly growing business. This is a permanent opportunity with fantastic benefits for the right candidate.
· Reporting into the Product Development Manager, you will be a part of a small Product Development Team based at our manufacturing site in Northumberland.
· You will be responsible for the NPI of bespoke projects, product customisation, range extensions, and standard product improvements, taking products from initial enquiry to production, including costing, concept and detail design, prototyping and production drawings and work instructions.
· You will aim to exceed the expectations of our customers and clients, through the creation of well designed, thoughtful, products.
· You will provide a first-class, timely service to our internal customers and partners, including our Sales, Procurement, Manufacturing and Quality teams.
· You will actively seek opportunities to develop our products and processes in order to improve our product's market appeal, profitability and quality.
· You may also be required to represent the Company by attending meetings, visiting client's premises and conducting site surveys.
· Qualified engineer, designer, or draughtsperson.
· Experience of design and development in a fast-moving manufacturing environment.
· Working knowledge of 2D and 3D CAD software.
· Highly numerate, with strong IT skills and able to demonstrate an excellent standard of communication, both written and verbal.
· Good working knowledge of MS Office.
· Excellent knowledge of Solidworks.
· Experience of the creation of manufacturing drawings and clear and concise work instructions.
· Experience of the creation of 3D visuals.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy