£ 20000 - £ 28000 / Year
Industrial & Manufacturing and Production - Plastics, Polymers & Rubber
· Job type
Industrial and Manufacturing
· External Reference
Are you a passionate Product Designer who is seeking the opportunity to use your skills and experience within a market leading manufacturing business?
Our client is looking for a Product Designer or senior product designer to join their business and assist with all aspects of the Design and Manufacturing process.
A leading manufacturer of moulded plastic products, operating in three markets: commercial vehicle, fire protection and environmental protection. My client is a market leader in several European countries as well as shipping to over 60 other countries worldwide.
· Working with the R&D Manager to support the R&D team undertaking all aspects of the Design and Manufacturing process to the required specification, in line with quality standards and new product developments
· Project coordination involving stakeholder management. Responsible for ensuring schedules are completed to deadlines aligned to the company strategy.
· Product design, which involve complex assemblies.
· Tool design and manufacture reliant on new product developments, modifications and change.
· CAD to support the design process.
· Design specifications in line with the company strategy and R&D key objectives.
· FEA Analysis. Involves the stress analysis of plastic parts aligned to the test specification.
· Prototype using advanced 3D printing technology in addition to full-scale models.
· Product testing to current regulations including European legislation.
· Responsible for new product release documentation and coordination of the release procedure.
· Provision of technical support, drawings and other R&D related activities to support other function areas within the business.
Key Skills & Experience:
· 3D design (Autodesk Inventor or similar)
· Tooling design & construction
· Product development of roto-moulded products & injection-moulded products desirable
· FEA Analysis
· Good communication skills
· Project management / highly organised
· Knowledge of engineering principles
· Preparing and giving presentations
· Technical reports
· Competent in Excel / Word / PowerPoint
· Degree level qualification in Product Design or similar
· Driving licence
· R&D / product design background (5+ years' experience)
· Manufacturing background
25 days holiday (includes 4 days Xmas shut down) + bank holidays
Tea & Coffee
Monday to Friday, 8-5 with 4:30 finish Friday
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy