London, Greater London
£ 12.34 - £ 15 / Hour
Accountancy & Finance - Payroll
· Job type
· External Reference
This is an exciting opportunity to join our client as a Payments Assistant based in the area of Wandsworth
Start date: ASAP
Hours: Full Time Mon to Fri (09:00:AM - 05:00:PM)
3 Months +
RANGE OF DUTIES
1. Responsible to the Payments Team Leader for full range of payment duties
2. Produces monthly timetables for the Payments Team Leader, informing of Payroll deadlines for the month and ensuring that all deadlines are met.
3. Receives all printouts from payroll runs, balances control totals, carries out feasibility checks on payroll including spot checks on individual payment Checks all supporting documents for Starters and Leavers on all payrolls. In the case of discrepancies, consults with the Payroll Manager on the need to re-run payrolls.
4. Sends BACS payments for all payroll
5. Responsible for balancing the payroll/accountancy interface files and ensuring that they reachAccounting Services by the agreed deadlines.
6. Prepares emergency BACS files in respect of all emergency paym
Responsible for the maintenance and reporting of records for third party payments in respect of deductions from payroll for attachment of earnings paid to Courts, rents and clients Tax for Local
Authorities, DEO, DEA, CSA, GAYE, HAS, Season Tickets, AVCs and all other third party payments.
ACCOUNTING & HOUSING BENEFITS SERVICES
Produces daily, weekly and fortnightly BACS payment files, for amounts up to £10,000,000 & transmits by BACS softwar Print remittance advices.
Responsible for submission of payslips files to CFH for printing.
Make payments of amounts deducted from payroll for tax and National Insurance to HMRC.
Responsible for processing recalls from banks and building societies as requested by the payroll section and ensures that returned monies are correctly allocated. Informs payroll section and ensures that returned amounts are re-issued or written back on the payroll system.
Assists with the end of year reconciliation on all monthly payrolls, as well as submission of P60 files to CFH. Assists with the administration of P11Ds.
Responsible for advising and liaising with Equinity Paymaster with regards to overseas pension payments.
Produces statistics and other printed output for each department from payroll and distributes to all departments as appropriate
Monitors the procedures of the payroll team and the clients's own systems to ensure that proper financial controls are exercised in relation to payroll expenditu Checks all payroll input on a random basis ensuring that details input by payroll are correct.
Liaises with appropriate officer for authorising BACS submissions in relation to Academy Payroll
Raises Manually raises payments for Child Care deductions, Tax & NI.
Consultant: Sarah Gillan Telephone: 01782 349135
The application process is subject to the successful completion of background and reference checking. Adecco Group is an equal opportunities employer If you do not hear from one of our consultants within 7 days of applying for this role, please assume you have been unsuccessful in this instance.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy