Ellesmere Port, Cheshire
£ 10.93 - £ 13.93 / Hourly
Accountancy & Finance - AAT
· Job type
Industrial and Manufacturing
· External Reference
· Actively commit to and participate in our laboratory and corporate safety programs: including following all safety protocols and procedures. Learning to recognise and report hazards and take appropriate action to keep yourself and others safe. Raise observation reports and be involved in safety audits.
· Effectively communicate and collaborate with colleagues, within the team, the plant teams and across all departmental areas the laboratory interacts with. Share information, participate in meetings etc.
· Perform routine analysis at all stages of the packaging process from intake/blending samples to consumer complaints utilising appropriate methods per SOPs. Operate and assist in maintaining the varied laboratory instruments and equipment, such as spectrophotometers, densitometers, HPLC, FTIR analysers, balances, pH meters, etc. Capture complete, accurate and thorough results. Play a key role in tanker, storage vessel, buffer vessel and package product approval process and final pack assessment.
· Perform production audits, compliance verification and or package quality assessments. Assist in identifying and resolving issues and/or taking appropriate action on sanitation issues, non-conforming product or material issues as directed. Timing is critical and must be managed to ensure responsibilities are performed at appropriate times. Capture clear, concise, accurate data and information. Seek input as appropriate.
· Participate in and support our Food Safety and Quality Management Programs as a part of your routine duties.
· Make quality and process improvement suggestions and follow through to implement as appropriate.
· Data management: Input and evaluate data, perform calculations to determine basic statistical parameters. Utilise technology; computers, and specific software for managing processes including AS400, Harford control, and Microsoft Office.
· Recognise common issues through understanding results and potential causes of these, collect data/information for common or less complex issues, seek direction on resolution.
· Help maintain a clean, safe laboratory facility. Follow good laboratory practices and lead by example. This will be based and built on through utilisation of the principles of 5S.
· Monitor, maintain, verify and troubleshoot routine common issues with laboratory equipment and instrumentation.
· The role may include tasks which include standing for long duration's, lifting, bending, carrying weights and climbing ladders
· Support and model all company procedures and policies.
· This job description reflects management's assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
· Uphold and maintain the quality process designed to deliver risk free high quality product within the plant capabilities.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
This role will be ideal for an analytically thinking person with a strong Science or Lab Background.
· Strong sense of integrity, positive attitude, tenacious, both self-starter and team player
· Possess a sense of urgency, take initiative and work with a high attention to detail
· Participate constructively and willingly within a team and adapt/develop and engage in new ways of working
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy
Please apply with your CV to: andrea redmond