London, Greater London
£ 22000 - £ 28000 / Year
Transport & Logistics - Import Clerk
· Job type
Transport and Logistics
· External Reference
Are you currently working within shipping/logistics and looking to further develop your skills within this sector? We have an amazing opportunity for a Customs Forwarder to join a global transportation company based near to Romford.
Our client offers excellent opportunities for further training and development, and you are encouraged to join forwarder networks and participate in visits and activities to network with like-minded people in the sector. Furthermore, the company has set career paths and encourage progression as part of their ethos - they truly invest in their people.
Interested? Please read on!
The Import/Export department ensures that all import/export and customs activities and the associated procedures, are carried out in accordance with customer agreements and the agreed policy, at the lowest cost and with the best possible results.
Under operational supervision, you will be supporting all shipment, customs and other formalities that may arise on the basis of procedures, laws and regulations.
Your duties will include:
· Providing administrative and operational support on the basis of recorded instructions and/or known agreements.
· Preparing import and export files with all associated (customs) documents required for correct, complete, and efficient processing of the files.
· Maintaining contacts with other departments/sites, customers, suppliers, government agencies and other stakeholders for the purpose of work progress.
· Observing and reporting irregularities and problems concerning processes, procedures, work instructions and systems.
The most suitable candidate will have a minimum of 2 years demonstrable professional experience in a comparable role in shipping, logistics and transport. Knowledge of current and relevant laws and regulations would also be an advantage.
We are proud to be representing this company and working with them to offer this incredible opportunity, that offers the successful candidate a long, rewarding career in a progressive and innovative sector. If you feel you have the relevant skills and experience, and are ready to propel yourself further within shipping and transportation, please apply today!
* please note, due to the location of this opportunity and limited local public transport to their site, applicants must have their own vehicles*
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy
Please apply with your CV to: Anna Nolan