Wakefield, West Yorkshire
£ 20000 - £ 25000 / Year
Accountancy & Finance - AAT
· Job type
Office and Secretarial
· External Reference
Our client are currently recruiting for an Accounts Assistant to join our team at their main site in Midgley, Wakefield. The purpose of the role is to provide part-time accounting assistance to the CFO and support other members of the finance team during absences. We are also ideally looking for someone local to Wakefield, with no more than a half hour commute to our main site.
The business is an established family company based primarily in Midgley near Wakefiel.
Duties and Responsibilities include…
· Assist in the month end closure of ledgers and prepare monthly reconciliations of key Balance sheet control accounts
· Production of management accounts to trial balance level including preparation and posting of month end journals such as accruals and prepayments.
· Investigate and explain variances in the management accounts
· Preparation of weekly Management Information Reporting and Analysis
· Perform ad hoc analysis to support the business with decisions
· Fixed asset accounting
· Assistance in preparation of year end budgets and analysis
· Assist in the development and management of the internal financial systems & processes
· Support with the efficient and effective management of business cash flow
· Assist the Chief Financial Officer in presenting accurate, timely and reliable information to the board that offers key insights into the performance of the business.
· Support with Purchase/Sales/Cash Ledger Responsibilities during absence and holidays.
· Prepare key information to support with the annual preparation of statutory accounts.
· Liaising with external auditors at annual review.
· Working closely with individuals across the business at all levels
Skills and Experience should include…
· Minimum of AAT Intermediate Level (Level 3)
· Previous experience in a similar role
· Excellent Microsoft Excel skills and experience of dealing with larger volumes of data
· Knowledge of Pegasus Opera would be an advantage
· Team worker with a flexible working approach and a strong commitment to meeting deadlines.
· Good interpersonal, written and communication skills with both external and internal contacts
· Ability to prioritise tasks and work to deadlines
· Excellent organisational skills and a strong attention to detail.
· Ability to receive and process feedback with a positive approach
· Strong commercial awareness to understand the needs of the business
· Self starter with high energy and motivation
· Able to work individually or as part of a team
· Great at time management and organisation
· Positive and friendly with an enthusiastic and resourceful nature
· Able to quickly switch between tasks and handle multiple projects at the same time
· Flexible with regards to working hours
· Practical with a strong problem solving personality
What we can Offer
· Flexible working available to be agreed with CFO - 20 hours a week
· Wakefield countryside working, near M1, with free parking
· 31 days annual leave pro-rata
· Reporting directly to the CFO but working alongside and assisting other accounts staff
· Small friendly family company
· Staff discount
· Salary range £20 - £25k pro rata to agreed hours and commensurate with experience
· Flexible working hours
· On-site parking
Job Types: Part-time, Contract 20 Hours a week
Salary: £20,000.00 to £25,000.00 /year
· Accounting: 2 years (Preferred)
If you are interested in this role please apply. If you want to talk through any Finance and Accounting roles please contact Matt Lawson on 0113 2186530
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy