Utility 1 - Shift Engineer
You perform highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain the property’s facilities and equipment to ensure a safe and functional environment for the guests.
What is in it for you:
· Employee accommodation available
· Full time employees will be eligible to join the benefit plan which includes extended medical through Canada Life (Health, Dental, Life Insurance, Short Term Disability)
· Full time employees will also be eligible to participate in Fairmont Pension Plan, which includes matched employee contributions
· Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
· Learning programs through our Academies
· Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
· Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
What you will be doing:
· Inspect and perform preventative maintenance on property’s facilities and equipment
· Inspect all areas of the property for safety issues and take immediate corrective action
· Assist guests regarding property facilities in an informative and helpful way
Your experience and skills include:
· Relevant building maintenance experience is an asset
· Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
· Highly responsible & reliable
· 4th Class Power Engineering designation is required
Physical aspects include but are not limited to:
Constant standing and walking throughout shift
Frequent lifting and carrying up to 75lbs
Frequent kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
Frequent ascending and descending stair, ramps and ladders
Your team and working environment:
Nestled at the base of Blackcomb Mountain, Fairmont Chateau Whistler resort defines mountain luxury in the heart of Whistler, British Columbia - Host Mountain Resort of the 2010 Winter Olympics. Located in the spectacular coastal mountain range, Whistler is Canada’s premier, year-round outdoor adventure destination - just two hours north of downtown Vancouver. Offering ski-in, ski-out convenience and on-site championship golf course, Fairmont Chateau Whistler is Whistler’s largest conference resort hotel with 526 guestrooms and suites, exceptional dining in five unique outlets and full resort amenities including a slopeside Health Club. Since opening its doors in 1989, this landmark destination has welcomed guests and colleagues to an unforgettable mountain adventure- start yours today!
Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. The hotel is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor’s limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS