Raffles Hotels & Resorts is a collection of award-winning luxury hotels located in vibrant destinations around the world. Unique with its own distinct personality, each Raffles hotel distinguishes itself with the highest standards of product and service.
We offer excellent career development and growth opportunities for our colleagues who have the talent, dedication, drive and passion to be part of leading global luxury hospitality brand.
Raffles Hainan, located in the “Hawaii of Asia” – Hainan, will enjoy a superior beachfront location while offering guests direct access to the adjacent championship golf course. The resort’s 299 guestrooms and 32 luxurious villas are among the most spacious and all offer commanding sea views. The resort will feature 7 exciting food and beverage concepts, a 1,400 sqm Raffles Spa, a grand ballroom and flexible meeting spaces for special events.
If you are looking for a dynamic environment for growth, please join us as :
PURPOSE OF POSITION
To assist Purchasing Manager in day-to-day purchasing functions. To process purchase indents and organize system for follow up of pending supplies. To facilitate and administer purchase in the absence of Purchase Manager after due approval has been obtained.
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
· Expedite delivery of purchase orders
· Assist in preparing request for quotations
· Obtain competitive pricing ( at least 3 Bids) for specifications as directed
· Prepare budget shells from designer specifications
· Prepare reports such as bid summaries
· Close project files and maintain project storage log
· Maintain disclaimers, credit applications and vendor information
· Provide back up for support staff
· Closely able to work with receiving
· Able to maintain HACCP standard at all level- from sourcing products till storage.
· Other duties as assigned
· Self-motivated with strong organizational and communication skills
· Work with a sense of urgency and detail oriented
· Proficient in MS Word, Outlook, Excel (accurate typing 50 wpm +) required
· Proficient in Power Point an asset
· Knowledge of the local market is an asset
· College diploma or equivalent qualifications
· Minimum 2 years experience in an office administrative role is a requirement
· Prior experience in a purchasing environment is preferred