A smile and helping hand is what our Guests will experience as you personally greet them on their arrival. As a Porter with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, your knowledge of the hotel and the professionalism you display will create a sense of “welcome” like no other.
Hotel Overview: Fairmont Hotel Vancouver, known as the ‘Castle in the City’, with its chateau-style green-clad copper roof and gargoyles is an architectural landmark in the heart of Downton Vancouver that captures the hearts and imaginations of all who visit. A registered heritage property operating since 1939, the hotel symbolizes grandeur and timeless elegance. In spring 2019, Fairmont Hotel Vancouver completed a $75M, five-year multiphase revitalization project. With its prestigious address on Georgia Street, this castle is surrounded by a diverse arts community of galleries and theatres, a thriving shopping district, exhilarating nightlife and world class cuisine. Join our team and welcome our guests to extraordinary experiences at their home away from home.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Guest Arrivals Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
· Responsible for the delivery of Guest’s to their room, luggage, messages and any other items for delivery within the Hotel
· Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service
· Ensure the timely and efficient transfer of luggage to and from the guest’s room
· To ensure the guest is familiar with their room upon arrival ie. temperature control
· Maintain a presence in the Lobby when not delivering luggage to guest rooms, offering assistance to Guests, under the direction of the Bell Captain
· Assist guests regarding hotel facilities in an informative and helpful way
· Follow department policies, procedures and service standards, including all safety policies
· Other duties as assigned
Please note actual hours worked will fluctuate based on business needs.
· Minimum 1 year experience in front of house position required
· Minimum of 6 months Porter experience considered a strong asset
· Must possess a valid unrestricted Class 5 driver's license and be able and willing to produce a clean abstract
· Excellent communication skills and a professional presentation
· Knowledge of Metro Vancouver, its history, activities and attractions
· Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
· Highly responsible & reliable
· Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
· Ability to work cohesively with fellow colleagues as part of a team
· Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
· The ability to make high-quality service decisions in a timely manner
· Ability to anticipate and to pro-actively service guests is a must
· A good physical condition is necessary, as this position requires constant standing, walking, bending and lifting
· Ability to work flexible schedules (including evenings, weekends and overnights)
Physical Aspects of Position include but are not limited to the following:
· Constant standing and walking throughout shift
· Frequent lifting and carrying up to 50 lbs
· Constant kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
· Frequent ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
Visa Requirements: Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. The hotel is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization.
Why Work for Accor?
We are 300,000 experts committed to reinventing hospitality with unique and unrivalled experiences within our addresses. We’re so much more than hotels— We are a worldwide Augmented Hospitality leader. We’re creating innovative lifestyle experiences, whether you live, work or play. Blaze your own trail from 30+ hotel brands, restaurants, nightclubs, spas, co-working spaces, and tech start-ups.
To connect with us, please visit careers.accor.com.