At Fairmont, our financial operations thrive with the commitment of Colleagues who model our values of Respect, Trust, Sustainable Performance, Innovation, Spirit of Conquest, and Guest Passion. Apply your attention to detail – and your passion for numbers – as Payroll Administrator, where your organization and service strengths will support our internal payroll.
Hotel Overview: At the ocean's edge- a modern oasis, the Fairmont Pacific Rim is the most remarkable address in the city with its breathtaking harbour views, luxurious accommodation, rave-worthy cuisine and warm hospitality. Discover Fairmont Pacific Rim - and discover Vancouver as part of our rockstar team.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Assistant Controller, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
· Full cycle processing of biweekly Payroll for approximately 500 hourly and salaried employees
· Ensuring all payroll procedures are consistent with Employment Standards, CRA regulations, and Fairmont guidelines
· Staying current on all Legislative updates; implementing change as needed to ensure ongoing compliance with all internal and external Audit controls
· Coordinating payroll activities to ensure all pay data is compiled, processed, and reconciled in an accurate, timely and confidential manner to meet all payroll deadlines
· Maintain and balance biweekly payroll interface between Time & Attendance Professional and Ceridian InSync
· Balance and issue gratuities to the Guest Services, In Room Dining and Banquet departments in accordance with the Night Audit’s revenue reports
· Reconcile the advances and the labor hours between the payroll provider register and the total amount of electronic time clock hours recorded, based on the corporate template and policy
· Ensure that payments of all deductions are paid on time
· Ensure that vacation entitlement and accruals are in accordance with the company vacation policy
· Work closely with HR team to verify interfaces between HR and Payroll systems, and maintain complete and accurate employee databases; ensure appropriate backup is on hand for all masterfile changes
· Review daily and biweekly payroll submissions to ensure that all internal controls are being followed and that departmental payroll edits are completed on time and accurately
· Provide ongoing support and training to managers in regard to all payroll matters, and work proactively to resolve any reoccurring issues
· Prepare final pays and Records of Employment (ROEs) for departing employees
· Calculate and prepare manual payments as required
· Preparing and distributing daily labour reports
· Monthly completion of payroll journal entries and reconciliation of Payroll accounts and Statutory deductions
· Processing Year-end adjustments and distributing T4/T4As to meet CRA deadlines. Managing year-end rollover of all payroll records and spreadsheets
· Respond to governmental inquiries
· Responding to all internal and external shareholder inquiries in a timely manner, including employees, department heads, HR, corporate office, Service Canada, CRA and Statistics Canada
· Maintain computerized payroll systems and hardware; troubleshoot issues, champion system updates as needed
· To perform any other duties that the Assistant Controller assigns
Minimum of two years previous computerized payroll experience, ideally in an hospitality environment
· Computer aptitude and intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office with higher than average Excel knowledge.
· Strong application knowledge of
· Ceridian InSync
· Ceridian Dayforce (future implementation)
· Time & Attendance programs an asset
· Labour Management Systems
· Systems implementation
· Previous supervisory experience within a hotel environment is an asset
· Canadian Payroll Association Level 1 Certificate or willingness to obtain certification
· Thorough knowledge of Employment Standards and CRA regulations as they relate to Payroll deductions, Remittances, and Taxable benefits is essential
· Highly organized, professional and self-motivated, with strong decision-making and time management skills
· Proven ability to multi-task and consistently meet strict deadlines in a fast-paced environment
· Team player with strong interpersonal skills; able to communicate effectively at all levels within the organization
· Must possess a numerical aptitude, high level of attention to detail, and a ‘can-do’ attitude
· Able to act with discretion and maintain absolute confidentiality with regard to all Payroll matters obtaining Canadian work authorization.
Why Work for Accor?
We are 300,000 experts committed to reinventing hospitality with unique and unrivalled experiences within our addresses. We’re so much more than hotels— We are a worldwide Augmented Hospitality leader. We’re creating innovative lifestyle experiences, whether you live, work or play. Blaze your own trail from 30+ hotel brands, restaurants, nightclubs, spas, co-working spaces, and tech start-ups.
To connect with us, please visit careers.accor.com.