The position is responsible for the assisting the account to operate efficiently and effectively by providing accurate, relevant and timely information (both financial and general) within company guidelines. Preparation and analysis of monthly accounts including Bank Reconciliation, Profit and Loss and Balance Sheet reconciliations.
· Process daily revenue files and balance flash reports, as from hotels – make necessary corrections and redistribute.
· Check daily the hotels AR, Guest Ledger and Advanced Payment balances and resolve any discrepancies.
· Send daily bank statements to hotels for AR posting.
· Update bank reconciliations for all hotels daily.
· Post daily revenue journals and balance revenues
· Updated Cleaning covers for suppliers on a monthly basis by the 3rd of the month.
· Perform the quarterly rebate analysis for the hotels.
· Run illion Direct reports for hotels reference check as required.
· Assist with the 14 and 30 day stats uploads when accountants are not available to do it.
· Prepare and analyse Balance Sheet reconciliations including investigating any irregularities.
· Assist in preparation of detailed monthly forecasts.
· Preparation of GST, FBT and Withholding Tax.
· Salary and wages journals including invoicing hotels.
· Calculation and invoicing of Management fees for manage
· Monitor outstanding accounts receivable and PM balances.
· Review accounts payable input to ensure accuracy and consistency in coding.
· Preparation of month end journals.
· Produce accurate and timely monthly P&L’s for review with Financial Controller.
· Maintain detailed intercompany reconciliations.
· Perform all month end tasks including but not limited to month end reports to regional office, month end uploads to Accornet for actual and forecasts, etc.
· Oversee Accounts Payable Team to make sure deadlines are met.
· Assist with preparation and reporting of annual budgets.
· To provide support on ad hoc projects that is required from time to time.
· Ensure that policies and procedures set by Accor are implemented and internal controls are operating effectively.
· Assist and relieve team members as required to ensure the ongoing efficiencies of the department e.g. during annual leave and temporary position vacancies
· Any other reasonable request as required by the Financial Controller, General Manager or other Senior Management.
· Attention to detail and accuracy
· Problem analysis and problem-solving skills
· Planning and organising
· Team work
Qualifications and experience required
· Minimum 2 years in the accounting field
· Previous experience in an accounting role
· Business Degree - accounting major preferred
· Previous Hospitality Experience Preferred
· Meals on shift
· Dry cleaning
· Staff discounts at Accor Hotels