In Room Dining Server
Our guests are always at home at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts – and their In Room Dining experience is no exception. As an In Room Dining Server providing warm service, efficiency and knowledge of our menu offerings, you will ensure the timeliness and enjoyment of every memorable meal.
Hotel Overview: Edmonton's "Chateau on the River"
For more than 100 years, Fairmont Hotel Macdonald has effortlessly delivered timeless luxury in the heart of downtown Edmonton. Nestled upon the North Saskatchewan River Valley, the hotel’s charm and ever-evolving elegance has earned it the spotlight as one of the city’s most sought-after locations. A storied past, an unparalleled present, and a future to be reckoned with, Fairmont Hotel Macdonald has set the stage for luxury in the heart of the city. Edmonton’s only four-diamond “Chateau on the River” offers unparalleled views of North America’s largest expanse of urban parkland. Boasting dignified style and timeless grace, each of our 198 classically-designed guestrooms, including specialty suites, are tastefully adorned with the finest amenities. In 2016, we forever changed the game in luxury as we unveiled a completely re-designed Fairmont Gold & Lounge. Delivering personalized and discreet service, this hotel within a hotel offers an unrivalled experience unlike any other the city has seen, and likely ever will. From seasonally inspired menus to dining experiences that will satisfy any craving, see what our chefs are preparing in our Confederation Lounge and our award-winning restaurant, The Harvest Room.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Director of Food & Beverage, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
· Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service
· Assist guests regarding menu items in an informative and helpful way
· Have full knowledge of all beverage lists
· Deliver food and beverage in a timely and accurate manner
· Pick up orders efficiently from the kitchen
· Check outgoing orders for quality and accuracy of set up
· Have full knowledge of all menu items, garnishes, contents and preparation methods
· Follow outlet policies, procedures and service standards
· Follow all safety and sanitation policies when handling food and beverage
· Other duties as assigned
· Previous Food & Beverage service experience required
· Previous Point of Sale System experience preferred
· Excellent communication and organizational skills
· Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
· Highly responsible & reliable
· Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
· Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
· Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Physical Aspects of Position(include but are not limited to):
· Constant standing and walking throughout shift
· Frequent lifting and carrying up to 20 lbs
· Frequent kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
· Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
Visa Requirements: Must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
APPLY TODAY : Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit www.fairmontcareers.com to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!