Guest Service Attendant
A smile and helping hand is what our Guests will experience as you personally greet them on their arrival. As a Guest Service Attendant with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, your knowledge of the hotel and the professionalism you display will create a sense of “welcome” like no other.
Just east of the Pacific and slightly north of Expectation.
Welcome to Fairmont Grand Del Mar. An elegant tribute to classic Mediterranean estate, seamlessly fusing old-world charm with modern luxury. Here, an award-winning, Renaissance-inspired spa, critically acclaimed dining, exclusive boutique shopping and championship golf course.
Growth and advancement is not only available, it is actively encouraged. We promote a balanced life for our colleagues, continuously seeking new ways to improve our environment and to support our beautiful home of San Diego.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Guest Services Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
· Responsible for the delivery of Guest’s to their room, luggage, messages and any other items for delivery within the Hotel
· Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service
· Ensure the timely and efficient transfer of luggage to and from the guest’s room
· To ensure the guest is familiar with their room upon arrival ie. temperature control
· Maintain a presence in the Lobby when not delivering luggage to guest rooms, offering assistance to Guests
· The individual will also be responsible for ensuring all guests arriving by vehicle on the front drive or departing from the main building are assisted.
· This person will ensure that all areas of responsibility are kept neat and clean for our guests and colleagues.
· A basic knowledge of resort activities is required to ensure timeliness of customer needs, which would be outlined each day in a pre-shift briefing
· Assist guests regarding hotel facilities in an informative and helpful way
· Follow department policies, procedures and service standards, including all safety policies
· Other duties as assigned
· Previous customer related experience an asset
· Excellent communication skills and a professional presentation
· Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
· Highly responsible & reliable
· Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
· Ability to work cohesively with fellow colleagues as part of a team
· Must have a valid California license and clean driving record.
· Excellent communication and guest service skills.
· Must have a basic knowledge of the San Diego area including directions to areas of interest, restaurants and suggested local attractions.
· An aptitude to secure minimum levels of skills and abilities that would allow for a proficient job orientation based on specific tasks and methods.
· Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Physical Aspects of Position include but are not limited to the following:
· Constant standing and walking throughout shift
· Frequent lifting and carrying up to 30 lbs
· Constant kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
· Frequent ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
Visa Requirements: Must be eligible to work in U.S.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Fairmont Grand Del Mar is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE/M/F/D/V