Description de l'offre
Novotel New Plymouth is the newest hotel in New Plymouth, having opened in December 2015. Novotel New Plymouth has 85 rooms, an a la carte restaurant & bar, and conference facilities for 150 delegates.
We are currently looking for a motivated, bubbly, vibrant, and experienced Front Office Superstar to join our friendly team and to actively take part in the day-to-day operations of Front Office and Reservations for a minimum of 30 hours per week.
Often the first point of contact for our guests, your strong communication skills will shine through in this role by delivering excellent guest service from check-in to check out and everywhere in between. This role is hands-on and will include AM and PM shifts on a 7-day week rotational roster. As a team player, you will lead by example and have a visible presence on the front desk and in the lobby during key times throughout the day. We need our ideal candidate to be 'guest-centric', passionate and performance-driven, keeping emphasis on what our guests want, individualising and personalising service to build a real human connection. This role will report directly to the Front Office Manager and our ideal candidate will have previous experience in a similar role.
This is an outstanding opportunity to join our AMAZING team!
To be successful in the role you must be able to demonstrate the following;
· Genuine, outgoing, and friendly personality and manner
· Positive attitude and flexibility to confidently respond to a range of different situations
· Ability to work well as part of a team or independently
· Flexibility to work over a rotating roster, including days, evenings, and weekends.
· Physical fitness
· Strong organisational and time management skills
· Excellent English proficiency
· Knowledge of a hotel reservations flow
· Knowledge of hotel front office systems and processes and ability to learn new systems and procedures with ease
· Attention to detail
· Previous experience in a similar Hotel Front Office position (at least 1 year)
· A hospitality diploma or degree is an advantage
· Knowledge of Opera PMS (or another hotel property management system) is essential
· A current Manager’s Certificate is an advantage
· A full NZ driver's license is essential as you will be required to do guest airport transfers.
A few other things that will make you shine in this role are: having energy and a positive attitude, a genuine guest/customer service focus, and a dedication to always making our guests smile during their stay.
We are seeking someone who goes the extra mile to provide memorable guest experiences with the ability to multitask, work under pressure and think on your feet to resolve issues and when making decisions.
** You must already have the right to live and work in New Zealand in order to be considered for this position (Valid work visa, residency or citizenship), no sponsorship will be available **
Wage Range: $18.90 – $20.00 per hour
· Staff Meals
· Additional hotel specific discounts