As a Golfer Services with The Fairmont Chateau Whistler, you will be an ambassador for our on-site championship golf course and the exceptional service that our colleagues offer. Your warm, personal attention provides a memorable experience for guests of our golf course, making them feel welcome and valued.
Please note this is a seasonal position, available from approximately early May until Mid-October.
Hotel Overview: Nestled at the base of Blackcomb Mountain, The Fairmont Chateau Whistler resort defines mountain luxury in the heart of Whistler, British Columbia - Host Mountain Resort of the 2010 Winter Olympics. Located in the spectacular Coastal Mountain Range, Whistler is Canada’s premier, year-round outdoor adventure destination - just two hours north of downtown Vancouver. Offering ski-in, ski-out convenience and on-site championship golf course, The Fairmont Chateau Whistler is Whistler’s largest conference resort hotel with 526 guestrooms and suites, exceptional dining in five unique outlets and full resort amenities including a slopeside Health Club. Since opening its doors in 1989, this landmark destination has welcomed guests and colleagues to an unforgettable mountain adventure – start yours today!
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Director, Golf, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
· Consistently offers professional, engaging and friendly service
· Assist guests upon arrival to golf course, by providing a warm greeting and assisting with golf luggage
· Prepare, organize and clean golf cart fleet
· Provide Starter Services
· Ensure daily upkeep of Practice Facility
· Provide guest shuttles to and from Hotel and/or Practice Facility
· Follow all policies, procedures and service standards
· To be Health & Safety conscious and actively involved in maintaining a safe work environment
· Other duties as assigned
· Previous customer service and/or retail experience is required
· Previous golf course experience an asset, but not required
· Valid BC Driver's Licence, with a clean record, is required
· Valid BC Class 4 Driver's Licence is an asset, but not required
· Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
· Ability to work cohesively with fellow colleagues as part of a team
· Must be physically fit
· Excellent communication and organizational skills
· Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
Constant standing and walking throughout shift
Frequent lifting and carrying up to 40 lbs
Frequent kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
Frequent ascending or descending stairs and ramps
Visa Requirements: Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. The hotel is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit www.fairmontcareers.com to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resort we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities - throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific - as well as industry - leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award - winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!