Big changes are happening here at Carton House Hotel and Golf Resort, we are looking for enthusiastic and dedicated team members to join us on our journey to greater success!
We are currently recruiting a Financial Controller to lead our finance team.
The key objectives of the role and to support the Executive team in delivering the business plan and integrating the businesses where possible, optimising operating costs and capitalising on cross pollination of business opportunities.
· Managing the finance function and finance team.
· Preparation of monthly management accounts including Profit and Loss Account, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow, and weekly financial reports including forecasting of profits, cash and payroll.
· Preparation for audit, VAT and payroll taxes, including compliance with payment deadlines.
· Management of Income Audit, Payroll, Cash/Bank Control, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable.
· Ensure compliance with all departmental/company procedures and highlighting issues if necessary.
· Work closely with wider hotel team to ensure a functional understanding of departmental financial reporting and other metrics including wage %, GPs and P&Ls.
· Business Strategy: Actively participate in the development of business strategy in line with the resorts vision, mission and business objectives and develop a strategy for growth across the all areas targeted within the resorts 5-year business plan.
· Business Plans & Budgets: Oversee and challenge the annual budget in order to monitor progress and present financial metrics both internally and externally.
· Commercial insight: Provide local management and the management company/owners with objective analysis of business performance, highlighting key issues and opportunities.
· Specific Business Proposals: Assess the benefits of all prospective spends and contracts and advise the general manager and Owners on programme design and implementation matters. To the extent such proposals involve CapEX activity, legal, financial, and other advisors as appropriate.
· Leadership: Provide effective leadership to the finance function including identifying key financial drivers in order to enhance the value creation capability of the resort.
· Effectively lead team in the development of the financial component of strategy
· A graduate degree in business or equivalent.
· A professional Accounting qualification e.g. ACA , CIMA, ACCA or CPA is essential, with a strategic knowledge of the Irish hospitality business and financial management.
· Prior involvement and experience at executive level as a key representative.
· At least 10 years’ post qualification, broad ranging experience in a senior finance role, of which at least 5 years as a Financial Controller of a similar sized organization, representing the resort at board level.
· Previous Flag/Management company experience is a necessity – reporting in a corporate environment etc previous experience in running a Common Property Management company P&L.
· An understanding of the business of Golf would be beneficial.
· Will possess excellent communication and organisational skills ","datePosted":"2020-07-13T18:03:40.613Z