PLEASE ONLY APPLY VIA: https://www.mpamsterdamjobs.com/Movenpick-stagesleerplaatsen/vacatures/F%26B-Banqueting-Trainee-JPNLSTXX0.html
Do you love creating special moments for our guests? Do you have a passion for events? Are you known for your enthusiastic personality? You can be our new F&B Banqueting trainee! This traineeship is available as of September 2020.
The main responsibilities include:
· Welcoming meeting guests
· Serving and preparing (mise en place) of orders to guests
· Available for questions and requests of meeting guests and following them up
· Refreshing rooms and preparing breaks
· Looking after the needs of our guests in a hospitable way
· Support the food and beverage team where possible
· Assist other departments in their duties and maintain good relationships
· Take, prepare and serve F&B orders
· Ensures the Mövenpick standards compliance
· Performs cleaning tasks
The Food & Beverage department consists of the Silk Road restaurant, all banqueting facilities and our Silk Bar. A traineeship in the banqueting department is a unique chance to extend your Food & Beverage experience! You might also be asked to gain experience in other areas of the F&B Department, such as the Silk Road Restaurant and the Silk Bar.
The Banqueting Manager will –depending your interests, motivation and talent- involve you in other senior tasks and projects.
The perfect candidate has:
· Attending an hospitality or tourism education
· An enthusiastic, hospitable and flexible attitude
· An Independent and proactive work attitude
· Teamplayer skills
· Sufficient knowledge of the English language is mandatory, Dutch is preferred
· Availability for a minimum of 20 weeks, 5 days a week.
What do we have to offer you:
· 38-hours work week
· A trainee allowance of €500,- per month
· Sunday allowance of 5% and Night allowance of 20%
· Working in a young and enthusiastic team
· Working in a hotel (chain) with many opportunities
· Uniform and laundry service form the hotel
· During the internship there are a lot of opportunities for internal trainings and schooling
· A lot of develop opportunities after your internship within Mövenpick Hotels and Resorts
· Discount on rooms and F&B within Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts & Accor Hotels
Please note that if you are not a citizen from a European Union state and you do not have a work permit for the Netherlands you cannot apply for this position.