- Oversee the lobby operation ensuring that guests are handled quickly and efficiently in all their needs.
- Maintains a brief record of all incidents (guest or employee), all findings (when on round) and all other relevant items to report in the DM Log Book. Where discretion requires, report verbally to superior.
- Maintains a record of guest feedback and takes remedial actions to resolve problems.
- Follows up on ongoing guest dissatisfaction as reported in the Log.
- Advises Department Heads of issues pertaining to their departments if they occur while the Dept Head is on duty (otherwise report it in Log and distribute to respective Dept Head).
- Be aware of all happenings in the hotel that may affect the role of the DM. This would include management decisions, new directives, new rates, etc.
- Interacts with guests at all opportunities.
- Solicits guest feedback and reports same through DM Log.
- Resolves guest complaints and monitors/ensures their ongoing satisfaction with appropriate empathy.
- Requests assistance from superiors in situation that are beyond DM scope of responsibility – i.e. things that may have a major effect on the image of the hotel, etc.
- Reviews staffing rosters at commencement of shift to ensure best staff deployment for maximum efficiency.