Director of Guest Experience, Special Projects
As Director of Guest Experience, Special Projects, you ensure the highest levels of hospitality and service. Represents property management in resolving any guest or property related situation. Manages the flow of questions and directs guests within the lobby. Initiate and leads Projects to improve the overall operations of the hotel and handles the tracking of service.
Fairmont The Palm is a luxury, world-class resort located on the iconic Palm Jumeirah Island in Dubai. The hotel features 391 guest rooms and suites with dedicated Fairmont Gold rooms and lounge. A total of 11 food and beverage outlets on property offer international dining options including Little Miss India, Frevo - Brazilian Churrasco experience, Seagrill Bistro, Ba Restaurant and Lounge, Blowfish, Flow Kitchen, The Cigar Room, Vuvuzela and others. Fairmont The Palm also features an expansive pool and beach area with a health club, Willow Stream Spa and the Fairmont Falcons Kids’ Club.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the General Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
Managing Projects and Policies
· Ensuring the quality, standards and meeting the expectations of the guests on a daily basis.
· Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
· Handles complaints, settling disputes, and resolving grievances and conflicts, or otherwise negotiating with others.
· Observes service behaviors of colleagues and ensures that all uniformed colleagues are properly attired and groomed, each wearing a nametag.
· Implements the guest recognition/service program, communicating and ensuring the process.
· Conducts regular inspection tours of the entire facility for appearance, safety, staffing, security, and maintenance.
· Sends copy of MOD report to all departments on a daily basis.
· Ensures compliance with all policies, standards and procedures.
· Understands and can implement all emergency plans including accident, death, elevator, thefts, vicious crimes, bombs, fire, etc.
· Understands and complies with loss prevention policies and procedures.
· Assists with energy conservation efforts by monitoring compliance during property tours.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
· Provides services that are above and beyond for guest satisfaction and retention.
· Improves service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand guest needs, providing guidance, feedback, and individual coaching when needed.
· Intervenes in any guest/colleagues situation as needed to insure the integrity of the property is maintained, guest satisfaction is achieved, and colleague well-being is preserved.
· Serves as a leader in displaying outstanding hospitality skills.
· Sets a positive example for guest relations.
· Empowers colleagues to provide excellent customer service.
· Observes service behaviors of employees and provides feedback to individuals.
· Maintains high visibility in public areas during peak times.
· Provides immediate assistance to guests as requested.
· Interacts with guests on a regular basis throughout the property to obtain feedback on quality of product, service levels and overall satisfaction.
· Records guest issues in the guest response tracking system.
· Reviews comment cards and guest satisfaction results with colleagues.
· Emphasizes guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focuses on continuous improvement.
· Two years’ experience in the guest services, front desk, or related professional area in a managerial role in Dubai is a must.
· Candidate must be Arabic & English speaking
· Candidate must also be French or German speaking
· Experience in a large 5 star luxury operation background over 300 rooms is required
· Dynamic, driven, detail orientated, understanding of high profile customers & VIps.
· Computer literate in Microsoft Window applications required
· Excellent communication and organizational skills
· Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
· Strong work ethics & confidentiality
· Highly responsible & reliable
· Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor’s limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS