Main Purpose of the Job
To ensure that food standards, preparation, presentation and cooking techniques are carried out according to established recipes and procedures.
To implement safe food techniques in line with current Health and Hygiene regulations.
To present consistent and quality menu / buffet food items and dishes.
· Organise each food service so that it runs efficiently and productively.
· Liaise with Head Chef and Sous Chef keeping lines of communication open between food and beverage production and service areas of the hotel.
· Coordinate food production and kitchen brigade to met food preparation and service requirements.
· Ensure all food produced is in line with kitchen recipes and standards.
· Prepare and cook all food orders with a sense of urgency.
· Check all food is stored and handled as per current food health and hygiene regulations.
· Ensure that work area, equipment and section is kept clean at all times, in accordance with current health and hygiene regulations
· Monitor daily kitchen food and product requirements and advise Executive Chef of these well in advance.
· Monitor food preparation and wastage costs control these by following efficient preparation methods and standard recipes.
Expected Start Date: 24/11/2020
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Wage: $21.65 per hour
· Minimum 1 year of commercial kitchen experience
· Minimum 1 year of Line Cook experience
· Eligible to work in NZ
· Meals on Shift
· Staff Discounts at Accor Hotels
· Uniform / Dry cleaning