Assist in managing all aspects of the front office areas which may include but is not limited to Front Desk operations, Bell & Concierge services, Business Centre, Health club, Guest Service Centre - telephone services, and guest reservations to ensure guest satisfaction and maximize hotel profitability. Adhere to all brand standards and desk merchandising. Serve as Front Office Manager in his absence.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities – (Key Activities of the role)
· Assists the Front Office Manager in all aspects of their duties
· Assist Front Office Manager in execution of the management of staff
· Monitor Front Office personnel to ensure guests receive prompt, cordial attention and personal recognition
· Monitor Front Office and particularly Guest Relations personnel, to ensure staff members, known repeat guests and other VIPs receive special attention and recognition
· Control the availability of rooms, rooms types, accuracy of room count and rate categories
· Maximize occupancy, revenue and average rate while maintaining high service standards
· Liaise with Housekeeping Department to ensure room image is maintained and rooms are returned as Vacant Inspected as quickly as possible
· Turn away guests if occupancies deem it necessary ensuring no good-will is lost
· Liaise closely with Executive Housekeeper to ensure special guest needs, amenities and other room related requests are met
· Be aware of credit policies and procedures and liaise closely with Finance Department to ensure that credit procedures are properly carried out
· Know system recovery procedures and trains the team in these procedures
· Interpret computer reports
· Compile statistics for front office and provide reports relating to that area
· Continually check the accuracy of room count
· Approve upgrades and special amenities in absence of manager
· Maintain inter-departmental relationships to ensure seamless customer service
· Inspect frequently for cleanliness and orderliness, the lobby, reception and cashier’s desk and, on a random basis, VIP rooms prior to arrival
· Assist in the preparation of efficient work schedule for Front Office Staff, arranging holidays and vacation, taking into consideration project occupancy and forecasts and any large group movements, especially those with early or late arrivals or departures
· Maintain appropriate standards of conduct, dress, hygiene, uniforms, appearance and posture of departmental employees
· Provide input for Front Office Departmental Meetings and deputizes in cases of absence of the Manager
· Promote Inter-hotel sales and in house facilities
· In conjunction with the Emergency Response Team prepare emergency procedures upon advice from relevant authority that cover such emergencies as Fire, Power Outage, Bomb Threat, Cyclone Warnings, etc
· Fully conversant with all hotel emergency procedures
· Is prepared to implement assigned tasks during emergencies such as fires, power failures and bomb threats
· Assists department manager to ensure departmental Risk Management Calendar actions are up to date as per monthly calendar schedule.
· Works with Superior and Human Resources on manpower planning and management needs
· Works with Superior and Director of Finance in the preparation and management of the Department’s budget.
· Perform any other task assigned based on the hotel needs or requirements.
Required Skills –
· Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with others; demonstrated ability to interact with customers, employees and third parties that reflects highly on the hotel, the brand and the Company.
· Good writing skills
· Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office and OPERA
· Problem solving, reasoning, motivating, organizational and training abilities
· Strong Leadership skills in managing teams
· Ability to manage complex relationships
· Bachelor’s degree in Hotel Administration, Business Administration or equivalent
· 2 years of guest service / hotel experience with one year in a management capacity, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Type and level of experience required may vary slightly based on size and complexity of operation
· Attractive Salary
· Meals & accommodation provided
· Health insurance