Accenture Security helps organizations prepare, protect, detect, respond and recover along all points of the security lifecycle. Cybersecurity challenges are different for every business in every industry. Leveraging our global resources and advanced technologies, we create integrated, turnkey solutions tailored to our clients' needs across their entire value chain. Whether we're defending against known cyberattacks, detecting and responding to the unknown, or running an entire security operations center, we will help companies build cyber resilience to grow with confidence. Our team of the security sector's brightest people use the coolest tech to out-hack the hackers and help clients build resilience from within. We blend risk strategy, digital identity, cyber defense, application security and managed service solutions to rethink the entire security lifecycle.
A Cyber Intelligence Operations Analyst within Accenture's Security practice. You will work in a world class group to research and respond to today's most relevant threats. The responsibilities of this role include researching and reporting on developments in the threat landscape, building network and endpoint detections, and coordinating internal teams to best defend our customers.
The Work (Role Responsibility)
· Researching, understanding, and developing responses to cyber threats
· Writing, editing, and publishing technical reports
· Developing and deploying network and endpoint detections to support a Security Operations Center analysis team
· Performing data analysis to optimize SOC procedures
· Prioritize and remediate internal maintenance requests to ensure a well-run global analytics platform
· Assist in the coordination and implementation of major detection enhancements to SOC analytics
· Coordinating analysis teams to best educate on and respond to developments in the Threat Landscape
· Developing policies and procedures for handling security incidents
Ideal candidate profile
Here's What You Need (Basic Qualifications)
· Minimum 2 years of IT security experience – focused on intrusion detection/network security monitoring and/or working with cyber threat intelligence
· Minimum 1 year technical writing ability
· Minimum 2 years researching security threats and developing detection mechanisms to defend against them
· Minimum 2 years in computer networking fundamentals, including a detailed understanding of TCP/IP and other core Internet protocols.
Bonus Points If (Preferred Skills)
· The ability to express themselves clearly and demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills
· A strong understanding of the information security threat landscape, including detailed technical knowledge about the most prevalent threat groups, malware, attack methods, and vulnerabilities
· Experience researching complex technical subject matter, and clearly documenting the results/key findings for others to review.
· Experience working with clients, preferably in an operational environment.
· One or more of the following certifications is desired: CISSP, GCIA, GCIH, GCFA.
· Technically inquisitive nature with a fearless approach to defending against the latest and greatest cyber threats
· Hands-on experience with market-leading security products, including any of the following intrusion detection systems (Snort/SourceFire, IBM Proventia/ISS, McAfee IntruShield) and firewalls (CheckPoint, Cisco PIX)
We are a global collective of innovators applying the New every day to improve the way the world works and lives. Help us show the world what's possible as you partner with clients to unlock hidden value and deliver innovative solutions. Empowered with innovative tools, continuous learning and a global community of diverse talent and perspectives, we drive success in a new business architecture that disrupts conventional practices. Our expertise spans 40+ industries across 120+ countries and impacts millions of lives every day. We turn ideas into reality.
** Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture. Accenture is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Equal Employment Opportunity: All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law. Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process. Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women. Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.