Innovation Service (IS): Workshop Designer
Location: The Dock, Dublin2
The Dock is a multidisciplinary research and incubation hub, where designers, doctors, visionaries and makers are doing things that matter for people, places and robots. Located in the heart of the Dublin Docklands in a connected, state-of-the-art workspace designed for creativity, collaboration and fun.
We are looking for a Innovation Experience (IX): Workshop Designer to join our growing team. Operating across all stages of the innovation spectrum, with a remit to build the future in real-time. The working environment is open and interactive, facilitating collaboration with colleagues, clients, customers and ecosystem partners. Our experimentation culture, combined with a disruptive brief empowers us to break future ground.
Are you ready to join top innovators making a global impact?
What you'll be doing:
· Engage clients in a new way that open's their eyes to how Accenture is breaking future ground in Innovation
· Build a pipeline for co-creation projects in the Centre
· Showcase the best of the Centre to those who do not work there
Reporting to a Workshop Design Lead, the successful candidate will build content that will create a differentiated and unique experience for our clients when they visit the Centre for Innovation. As a designer you will be responsible for transforming customer problems statements into engaging design solutions. Candidates should have an excellent track record of developing customer-facing websites or digital products while also being curious about the future trends in user experience (e.g. IoT, zero interface, BCI and wearables).
Key tasks and responsibilities:
Design client experiences:
· Assess, understand and anticipate client needs through research, immersion, ethnography and other methods as appropriate to design a best in class innovation experience
· Develop strong network and knowledge of Accenture network and ecosystem and build relationships both within Accenture (Research, Industry thought leaders and technology labs) and externally (research agencies, think tanks etc.) in order to bring cutting edge content to the client experience.
· Coordinate design sprints and customer co-creation events and user feedback sessions
· Apply a user-centred design approach to customer problems
· Work with data scientists and software engineers to ensure that solutions are both intuitive and highly engaging for end users.
· Generate wireframes, visual design concepts and high-fidelity prototypes
Create Content for Experiences:
· Develop new methods of sharing knowledge capital; from interactive and immersive workshop activities, to multi-media presentations including graphic design, imagery videos etc. to bring concepts to life.
· Manage and develop content through creating reusable libraries of information for future use, and develop a system and methodology for curating knowledge and bringing others up to speed.
Support the establishment of on-going processes and ways of working for the Experience design team:
· As this is a new team there will be set-up activities required and a high degree of learning from each experience; you will be an integral part of identifying and implementing new ideas and improvements
Ideal candidate profile
Skills and attributes:
· Creative thinker who is excited by solving challenges
· Experience in UX design or related field
· Expertise in Adobe CC suite and prototyping software
· Strong client focus
· Strong stakeholder management
· Excellent research skills using a variety of methods
· Strong content design and presentation skills (including copywriting and asset design)
· Highly organised and self-starting
· Strong team player
· Ability to adapt with changing circumstances
· Ability to prioritise
· Enjoys contributing ideas and following through on team based work
· Structured approach to work with the ability to be flexible when necessary, performing other role related duties when required
· A bit of creative flair!
Accenture is a global management consulting, technology services and outsourcing company, with more than 373,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries. The Dock at Accenture is a multidisciplinary research and incubation hub, as an accelerator for Accenture and our clients to unlock value. Launched in Sept 2015, the global innovation centre brings together top talent under three disciplines; designers, developers and domain experts with expertise in AI, IoT, digital marketing, cyber security, advanced analytics and tech development.
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation or gender identity.