DevOps Engineer (Range of Career Levels available)
Package: £35,000 - £85,000 pa + Benefits (Based on experience and level)
Travel: up to 100% flexibility - Client facing role
Closing date: 31st August 2020
We are looking for experienced DevOps Engineers join our vibrant community of DevOps professionals, based out of our London offices on a full-time, permanent basis. We're looking for exceptional individuals to deliver specific solutions for our clients. Working within a high performing delivery team, you will engage directly with our clients to build cutting-edge DevOps Capabilities.
Working as a key member of the team, we are looking for Engineers who are passionate about their work, with innovation and continuous learning at the forefront of their professional development.
Key Technical accountabilities:
· Responsible for low level tools and automation design (including cartridges) and delivery.
· Comfortable working in a fast-paced Agile delivery environment.
· Experience installing and administering multiple industry leading DevOps tools.
· Experience administering 1 or more platforms (linux, windows, etc) or large middleware (WebSphere, SAP, etc).
· Ability to document as-is process and architectures based on face-to-face interviews.
· Experience administering environments and resources on cloud provider (IaaS or PaaS).
· Have daily collaboration with one of the IT industry's largest networks of technical DevOps and transformation experts who work to frame and deliver cutting edge solutions for countless varieties of technologies and industries. In doing so, you will help define how DevOps evolves for the world.
It's not all about Technical skills, we're also looking for Engineers who possess the below Consulting attributes as well:
· Ability to train internal or client teams in technologies (Jenkins, Puppet, Chef, Docker, Monitoring tools etc)
· Ability to train internal or client teams in DevOps practices, acting as Scrum Master when required
Key Technical responsibilities may include:
· Advising clients on the principles and benefits of Continuous Delivery, DevOps and Agile delivery
· Architecting and directing the implementation of all aspects of DevOps and Continuous Delivery solutions for Accenture clients
· Helping Accenture clients realise the business benefits of Continuous Delivery, DevOps and Agile delivery
· Mentoring and developing junior DevOps professionals
Your Professional Development
Your professional development is important to us. From day one you will be working alongside and in partnership with some of the very best in the business. As part of your career growth, there are several internal and external qualifications that you will have access to, these include:
· The AWS Certification Curriculum
· The Azure Certification Curriculum
· Certified Jenkins Engineer
· CNCF Certified Kubernetes Application Developer
· Red Hat Certified Specialist in OpenShift Administration
· Accenture's internal DevOps Academy and DevOps Academy for Executives
· The ability to attend and represent Accenture at well-known DevOps conferences including; DevOps Days, Continuous Lifecycle London, Pipeline Conference and DockerCon
Ideal candidate profile
Cross industry technology consulting roles are available for individuals with relevant experience and evidence of strong technical or delivery skills. Successful candidates will demonstrate expertise in one or more of the following areas:
· The design and implementation of continuous delivery practices
· Approaches and tooling for automated build, delivery and release of software
· Approaches and tooling for automated software assurance and QA.
· Defining and managing a roadmap for the implementation of DevOps in an enterprise IT organisation
· The use of Public/Private cloud and Virtualisation Technologies
· Service support – the use of DevOps, Continuous Delivery and ITIL concepts as part of an effective support operation
· Experience of technical architecture i.e. the design and delivery of IT systems for a broad range of clients
· Experience of Agile and Lean Software delivery methodologies
· Experience of leading consulting engagements (dependent on grade)
· Working within a structured environment, including the use of structured methods and approaches and modern development tools.
· Accenture will be recruiting at the following levels: Analyst, Senior Analyst, Consultant, Associate Manager, Manager, and Senior Manager
If this sounds like the ideal role, career and company for you, click below to apply.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialised skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions—underpinned by the world's largest delivery network—Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity, or any other basis as protected by applicable law.
Closing Date for Applications 31/08/2020
Accenture reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found.