Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
The Territory Representative is responsible for achieving Continuum growth goals working with VAD coordinators at implanting LVAD hospitals to provide patients with Heartmate equipment and driveline supplies. The Territory Representative will travel weekly to meet with new and existing customers to help grow market share. The Territory Representative will meet regularly with the National Sales Manager to review results, forecasts, customer needs, leading to goal attainment.
- Meet and exceed territory goals on a consistent basis.
- Travel weekly to existing customers to grow and/or maintain market share.
- Prospect new customers in their territory and strategically map a sales plan to close business. Work with Continuum Customer Service team to facilitate center specific needs.
- Accurately forecast business for existing customers and new customer closes.
- Utilize software daily to document customer visits and achievement of milestones in the sales funnel for new and existing customers.
- Coordinate sales travel with MCS Territory Managers and Clinical Specialists who are key in supporting customer workflows and utilization of our disease management solutions.
- Regularly meet with the National Sales Manager to review results, forecasts, and customer needs leading to goal attainment.
- Follow all regulatory policies and procedures, privacy and security standards in accordance with government agencies to include HIPAA requirements.
- Complete expenses on a timely basis.
- Provide feedback to marketing and operations on customer needs and shifting market dynamics.
- Complete all assigned educational, developmental, and compliance training.
- Bachelor’s Degree, plus 5+ years selling healthcare products or services to hospital systems.
- Proven track record in sales success (President’s Club, stack rankings, YOY growth)
- CRM experience (daily data entry of accounts, leads, run reports and effective account planning management)
- Formalized sales training; Strategic Selling or Other
- Strong negotiation skills & proven contract negotiation skills
- Strong analytical and forecasting accuracy
- Travel up to 50% or more. Includes car and air travel within the respective territory.
- A valid driver’s license with good driving record
- Must meet vendor credentialing requirements; ability to work in physician and hospital settings