Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
*This is not a remote role*
We are seeking an experienced, high caliber Remote Care Technician I. Working under close and direct supervision on defined work assignments and/or usually following establishedprocedures, to answer technical and informational questions. Works in a call center work environment, exercising basic customer service skills in responding to remote patient monitoring inquiries from physicians, health care professionals, field staff, and patients. Responds accurately, promptly, and effectively to such inquiries and provides the basic clinical and technical interface between patients, the remote care medical community, and various internal departments.
Impact this role will have on Abbott:
- Answer inquiries regarding technical issues and/or complaints, as well as adverse events by identifying and collecting information from callers.
- Triages calls and may forward them to other personnel for further assistance when appropriate.
- Problems involve website navigation and troubleshooting, patient monitor set-up, and product
- information for remote care products; usually refers more complex problems to supervisor or more senior level personnel. Remains abreast of remote care advancements within SJM and industry.On a 24-hour, “on call basis” (rotating between other department employees) follows outlined protocols to guide patients over the telephone to manually transmit transtelephonic data from a patient’s Implantable Cardiac Defibrillator (ICD) or Pacemaker patient device. This includes assisting with failed automatic transmission as well as facilitating manual transmissions required due to equipment connection issues.
- Directs patients on the proper installation and set-up of transmitter equipment and assists in troubleshooting transmitter connectivity issues.
- Documents patient system complaints by preparing Field Contact Reports (FCR’s) and forwarding them to Product Reporting. Documents and forwards transmitter/receiver technical issues, anomalies, and engineering improvements by completing Software Work Requests (SWR’s).
- Guides customers in navigating the Merlin.net website. Responds to physician and clinician password reset requests to the Merlin.net website.
- Assists customers by providing alternative data transmission options when the server or Information
- Technology (IT) connections are temporarily down.
- Following a set of standard routines, refers implantable device issues to the Technical Services
- Resolves and/or facilitates the resolution of problems including identifying their causes to prevent reoccurrence.
- Complete required trainings and certifications as needed
Your experience(s) and education:
- High school diploma or other specialized training/equivalent related experience.
- Ability to work in a highly matrixed and geographically diverse business environment.
- Ability to work within a team and as an individual contributor in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Ability to leverage and/or engage others to accomplish projects.
- Strong verbal and written communications with ability to effectively communicate at multiple levels in the organization.
- Multitasks, prioritizes and meets deadlines in timely manner.
- Strong organizational and follow-up skills, as well as attention to detail.
- Ability to travel approximately 10%, including internationally.
- Ability to maintain regular and predictable attendance
Your preferred qualifications and education:
- Prefer experience in a customer service, product support, IT, telecommunications or related role with medical device technical support experience preferred.
- Experience working in a broader enterprise/cross-division business unit model preferred.