Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 107,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries
Nourish the world and your career as part of the Nutrition team at Abbott.
Our Nutrition business develops science-based nutrition products for people of all ages, from helping babies and children grow, to keeping adult bodies strong and active. Millions of people around the world count on our leading brands – including Similac®, PediaSure®, Pedialyte®, Ensure®, Glucerna® and ZonePerfect® – to help get the nutrients they need to live their healthiest life.
Abbott’s Sturgis, Michigan. , location is an award-winning nutrition manufacturing plant, which recently celebrated its 70th anniversary as part of the community. Working here, you’ll feel part of a family – a family of 400 that works together to help nourish the world.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
· Training on the Filler/Seamer Operation – Operator will be required to learn one filler of the supervisor’s choice
· Operator will undergo a training certification process to ensure proper equipment set up for product being filled, knowledge and understanding of the filler computer system (including filler set up, report generation, self diagnostics, seam evaluation, ensuring proper fill weights, work order documentation, capable of coordinating entire line changeover for each product, QA testing and documentation)
· Adjustment of fill weights, powder supply (IBC) system
· Ensure proper seamer operation; seamer changeover for can heights and routine seam adjustments
· Ensure integrity of nitrogen
· Ensure integrity of filled powder product in cans or pouches, equipment adjustments to maintain integrity, daily lubrication and cleaning
· QA Testing – Operator will be able to standardize and use the oxygen analyzer and perform necessary tests as per the work order. Operator will be able to pull sediment and leak test samples and rate the samples as required by the work order. Operator will be able to conduct blind checks and perform weight checks per work order specifications
· Scoops & Ends – Operator will be able to verify per the work order that the scoops and ends are correct and released for use. Operator will safely and efficiently load scoops into the scoop hopper with minimum loss and clear obstructions as they occur at the bowl, slide and starwheel to prevent downtime
· Operator will be able to safely and efficiently load ends into the roto-feed carousel with minimum loss, feed ends from the roto-feed carousel through the roto-feed discharge chute to the magnetized feed belt, up the magnetized belt incline and into the seamer lid feed
· Operator will be able to identify all buttons on the scoop dropper and roto-feed control panels and the function of each button
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
High School Diploma/GED required
Responsible solely for the filing and packaging of powdered products produced in the Sturgis plant, both in cans and in pouches.
Equipment training: double seam evaluation, work order procedures, PM system, safety training to include lock out/tag out procedures, working with nitrogen and documentation
· Verbal Instructions
· Recognize Signs
· Read & Write
· Follow Simple Written Directions
· Prepare Simple Reports
· Routine Machine Operations
· Reading Gauges & Instruments
· Production Records
Familiarity with current powder processing, filling and packaging operations beneficial
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
· A fast-paced work environment where your safety is our priority
· Production areas that are clean, well-lit and temperature-controlled
· Training and career development , with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
· Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
· Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
· Paid time off
· 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
· The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.Connect with us at www.abbott.com , on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.
ANSC Nutrition Supply Chain
United States > Sturgis : Building 01A
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:
Continuous standing for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Continuous walking for prolonged periods (more than 2 hours at a time in an 8 hour day)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf