Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Technical Production Supervisor
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 107,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Leading an active lifestyle is important to the many people we serve. In Abbott’s Heart Failure division, we’re advancing the treatment of heart and vascular disease through breakthrough medical technologies in electrophysiology and heart failure, allowing people to restore their health and get on with their lives.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Utilize Root Cause Problem Solving techniques and lead a cross-functional team to resolve product quality issues
- Maintain high level of visibility with production staff. Use hands-on approach to communicate daily and involve production staff in problem solving.
- Responsible for driving the process of continuous improvement and lean principles.
- Create and maintain a respectful work environment by listening, seeking facts to support decisions, managing one's own reactions, and addressing unacceptable behavior.
- Review general status of production schedules to identify and resolve problems.
- Ensure the desired product quality levels are achieved
- Support and foster an environment of continuous improvement by encouraging production staff to challenge existing processes and implement solutions that enhance the overall effectiveness of the operation.
- Utilize Root Cause Problem Solving techniques and lead cross-functional team to resolve product quality issues
- Improve product quality, labor efficiency, and throughput through the use of Lean manufacturing concepts
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering Required
- 3+ years of relevant experience – specifically manufacturing engineering
- Strong analytical, problem solving and project management skills
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- Training and career development , with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.