Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Follow your aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities, competitive salaries, great benefits, a 401(k) retirement savings plan with a generous company match, and Cash profit sharing, all with a company providing the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity
This critical position has high visibility and opportunities for collaboration with plant leadership. This role is a key contributor to strategic direction for the long-term planning of the plant. Working under general supervision, provides analysis to Scheduling and Inventory team members and key plant stakeholders which supports the company's capacity, financial and inventory initiatives. Also under general supervision learns the role of the plant scheduler in order to provide team and plant support in the absence of the plant scheduler.
Collaborate and provide data to assist with scheduling and product line operational decisions to support some or all of the following initiatives:
- Increase filling line and processing capacities through capture and analysis of operations data
- Identify new sources of data and as appropriate suggest new tools for analysis
- Reduce inventory levels without decreasing customer service levels
- Investigate and analyze the various requests and understand the potential downstream implications to all applications.
- Monitors and analyzes supplier performance indicators in order to proactively identify potential supply problems.
- Support the calculation, analysis and publishing of key metrics on a monthly basis as well as working toward performance improvements.
- Identify and participate in process improvement projects that increase customer service levels, improve product flows, minimize supply chain costs and improve asset management.
- Maintain positive and cooperative communications and collaboration with all levels of employees, customers, contractors, and vendors.
- Responsible for implementing and maintaining the effectiveness of the quality system.
- Understand and apply knowledge of manufacturing systems, incorporates manufacturing requirements.
Learn and perform Scheduling duties as required. Responsibilities to include some or all of the following:
- Analyze planning requirements from Division Production Planning and initiate appropriate action to create the master schedule to include non-commercial demands also.
- Schedule Manufacturing Operation to ensure maximum efficiency and minimal downtime.
- Strive to minimize changes within the planning window in order to ensure availability of raw materials and to minimize negative impact on manufacturing.
- Liases with relevant departments to ensures product is available to the customer.
- May perform other duties as assigned
Bachelor's Degree: BA or BS plus 2-5 years of related work experience with a good understanding of specified functional area, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Working knowledge and application of business concepts, procedures and practices.
- May demonstrate basic project management skills by acting as a project lead on small, well defined projects.
- Accountable for the accuracy and the impact of planning decisions. Operates with general supervision.
- All significant production schedule changes are reviewed either by management or plant scheduler to evaluate necessity and impacts on the schedules.
- Receives limited supervision on standard issues, and detailed instructions on new assignments. Work is reviewed for soundness of judgment, overall adequacy and accuracy
- 1-2 years operations/distribution experience or directly relevant technical experience sufficient to demonstrate the knowledge typically associated with the degree and experience requirement.