Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Abbott Neuromodulation develops advanced medical implants and accessories for the stimulus of the nervous system. At Abbott, we are on the forefront of implantable device miniaturization and data science for improved patient outcomes. Through advanced active implantable technology and external mobile device apps we create an ecosystem for developing quick advancements in the field of neuromodulation through modern data science and analysis.
As a Staff MRI Engineer you lead a technical team to develop MRI conditionally safe implantable medical devices from concept to commercialization. You represent MRI function on a R&D core team and own the MRI deliverables. You develop optimal test methods for requirements based on deep understanding of MRI standards. You find optimal solutions to complex MRI challenges.
- Lead a technical team to develop and own detailed schedules for MRI projects
- Work with other function groups to develop new MRI designs
- Develop optimal test methods for MRI requirements
- Represent MRI to interact with internal and external stakeholders
- Mentor and train other engineers
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Physics, or related field (Master or PhD preferred)
- Minimum of 8+ years’ experience in medical device development, specifically related to MRI safety.
- Working knowledge of ISO/TS 10974
- Experience in Project Management
- Experience mentoring and leading small teams of junior engineers
- Must be willing to relocate to Plano, TX
- Working knowledge of electromagnetic fields and human body interactions
- Working knowledge of MRI scanner hardware (RF coils, magnet, etc.)
- Experience in high frequency numerical electromagnetic simulations (HFSS, Sim4Life, etc.)
- Experience with ISO/TS 10974 Joint Working Group
- Working knowledge of IEC 60601-2-33