Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Abbott Vascular provides innovative, minimally invasive and cost-effective products for treatment of vascular disease. Our extensive portfolio includes drug-eluting stents, bare metal stents, guide wires, balloon dilatation catheters, imaging catheters and software, vessel closure devices and peripheral stents.
Our location in Temecula, CA , currently has an opportunity for a Sr Engineer Product Performance.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
1. Performs in-depth analysis of customer complaints, events and other post marketing surveillance data by examining the
data for patterns and statistical trends and investigating when necessary.
2. Investigates customer complaints related to product quality or patient safety.
3. Investigates identified trends by starting a formal trend investigation and trend report and working
on cross-functional teams.
4. Documents trend actions by updating the trend reports at appropriate levels and by performing a
Health Risk Analysis.
5. Communicates product performance by formal presentations to management committees and
design teams, supporting published product performance reports and supporting customer requests for
performance information either directly or through the sales organization.
6. Develops procedures, justification papers and provides engineering support for new product complaint readiness.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
- Bachelor's degree plus 6+ years of related work experience with a strong understanding of specified functional area, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience. Advanced degree preferred.
- Medical Devices experience is preferred
Wide application of technical principles, practices, and procedures. Strong understanding of business unit function and cross group dependencies/relationships. Will perform this job in a quality system environment. Failure to adequately perform tasks can result in noncompliance with governmental regulations.;
Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Exercises judgment within generally defined practices and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Has a sound knowledge of various technical alternatives and their impact.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- Cultivates a wide range of internal networks and begins to develop an extensive scope.
- exerted at peer level and occasionally at first levels of management.
- Plans, organizes, and prioritizes own daily work routine to meet established schedule.
- Exercises authority and judgment within defined limits to determine
- results or erroneous decisions or recommendations may cause
- the allocation of additional resources.
- Training and career development , with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.