Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
At Abbott, we're committed to helping people live their best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world - in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals - that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 99,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve.
At Abbott Molecular, we realize the potential of personalized care as the laboratory’s most trusted and preferred source for molecular diagnostic solutions. We are a division of Abbott Laboratories, a global, diversified healthcare innovator with a legacy of pioneering work in medical diagnostics.
The Senior Business Analyst is r esponsible for supporting AMD’s sales effectiveness function in the Americas team and supporting the company's strategic business objectives.
- The position is located at AMD’s headquarters in Des Plaines, IL.
- Relocation assistance is not authorized for this position.
- Collaborate with internal and external resources to manage the Division's customer database.
- Perform analyses in support of commercial activities, such as goals allocations, sales force sizing, and territory balancing.
- Work with sales team in understanding sales pipeline, opportunities, total available market, and ensuring processes understood and followed to ensure accuracy.
- Identify and complete thorough analysis of competitive captures and losses.
- Support sales team and leadership in managing pipeline processes and supporting tools (DOMO, salesforce.com), including data integrity
- Develop/confirm information in monthly/weekly presentation materials & maintain dashboards for senior leadership
- Other related tasks as assigned by direct supervisor or other key AMD leadership.
- Understand and comply with applicable EHS policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Responsible for implementing and maintaining the effectiveness of the Quality System.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent relevant experience required.
- Typically requires 3-6 years of progressive finance, supply chain, or sales administration experience.
- Strong Excel modeling skills (ability to create a model that can easily be updated as major assumptions change)
- Must be able to travel up to 10% domestically.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a quantitative discipline.
- Experience interfacing with internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Trouble shooting and problem-solving skills.
- Strong MS Office skills; internet savvy.
- Ability to work autonomously.
- Commitment to a superior customer experience.