Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 107,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries
Our nutrition business develops science-based nutrition products for people of all ages, from helping babies and children grow, to keeping adult bodies strong and active. Millions of people around the world count on our leading brands – including Similac®, PediaSure®, Pedialyte®, Ensure®, Glucerna® and ZonePerfect® – to help get the nutrients they need to live their healthiest life.
Our location in Columbus, OH, currently has an opportunity for a Scientist Product Development In Research & Development (R&D) our ambition is providing innovative high-quality products, creating sustainable value, delivering superior user experience and enhancing health outcomes at all stages of life
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Day to day activities may include but are not limited to the following:
Primary Function :
· Develop nutritional products for commercial launch in global markets by creating new formulations which will deliver improvements to product claims, comply with regulatory requirements and/or reduce product cost.
· Lead the technical development of products of low-medium complexity and/or support the technical development of products of medium to high complexity.
Major Responsibilities :
· Conceive, design, conduct and lead formulation development efforts for challenging global projects to make them feasible and ready for commercial production.
· Plan and execute experimental designs of low to medium complexity to optimize the nutrient, microbiological, organoleptic and physical quality of new and/or improved products while adhering to relevant internal and external constraints. Share and consider follow up to observations.
· Interpret test results and develop conclusions and action plans. Communicate through verbal updates and written reports.
· Interact regularly with cross-functional business teams including Marketing, Operations, Quality, Purchasing, Regulatory and Legal. May lead or support project Technical Team meetings
· Immediate opening will focus on infant formula product development with opportunities on Adult and other Pediatric Nutrition projects.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE, YOU’LL BRING
· MS in Food Science or related scientific field with 3-6 years relevant experience, typically
· BS in Food Science or related scientific field with 6-12 years relevant experience, typically
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
· Training and career development , with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
· Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
· Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
· Paid time off
· 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
· The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com , on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.
ANRD Nutrition Research & Development
United States > Columbus : RP04 Floor-1
Yes, 5 % of the Time
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Keyboard use (greater or equal to 50% of the workday)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf