Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
PRIMARY FUNCTION / PRIMARY GOALS / OBJECTIVES:
This position is responsible for the promotion, management and growth of Abbott Nutritional products in office settings. This territory will cover northern Virginia and Washington D.C, Montgomery County.
Specific responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Developing and supporting territory sales goals in each physician’s office service area for Pediatric Nutrition to include Similac and Pediasure.
- Calling on Pediatric, OB Gyn and Hospitals
- Comprehensive knowledge of all products, clinical studies, protocols and guidelines as well as the ability to deliver the information in a selling environment.
- New product launches.
- An understanding of the hierarchy of hospital departments such as NICU, Pediatrics, Pharmacies, Purchasing, PICU, Nurseries and Nursing units. The ability to work effectively with Dietitians, Physicians and Nurses.
- Effective administrative skills.
- Budget management.
- Ability to function independently with a high degree of initiative, independence, and autonomy.
- Desire to be self- motivated, seeking out success at achieving both short and long term goals.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Registered Dietitians with sales experience are encouraged to apply.
- The ideal candidate will be technically knowledgeable with a minimum of two years sales experience.
- Local candidates only please – No Relocation support for this opportunity