MAIN PURPOSE OF ROLE
Supervises the activities, manpower, and resources within the area to ensure support is provided to meet the department and company goals. Responds to complaints on parts, and work orders, plans and implements projects, and procures needed equipment, supplies, and spare parts. Implement policies and procedures to maintain production compliance.
• Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures.
• Manage and assign resources to address business needs, including staffing levels, overtime needs, and project support. Implements a staffing plan by identifying resource requirements, writing justifications for additional personnel, obtaining approval for changes, and coordinating the selection process with Human Resources.
• Maintains personnel records (e.g., work schedules, vacation schedules, leaves) and makes or directs modifications in the database to reflect actual changes. Ensure all assigned personnel are in personal training compliance and the unique training needs of the group are met.
• Responsible for implementing and maintaining effectiveness of the quality system by ensuring quality/compliance of the manufacturing/production process. Pro-actively seek ways to maintain and improve quality standards.
• Promote a safe work environment by ensuring the highest standards in employee safety.
• Supervise, train, and develop nonexempt personnel; develop goals/objectives for all assigned personnel; monitor employees' performance against goals, provide performance feedback; write and conduct development plans/performance appraisals; manage employee HR issues.
• Understands the business needs of the company, and has knowledge of the customer needs of our business. Responsible for meeting daily goals; proactively seek ways to support the customer (i.e., working with engineering to find alternative resolutions that to issues, while maintaining compliance, without stopping production).
• Promote communication and teamwork across shifts /crews/functional areas/sites as applicable.
• Provide support for compliance investigations; resolve corrective actions.
• Initiates and completes technical activities. Prepares reports, publishes, and makes presentations to communicate findings.
• Cultivates internal and external network of resources to complete tasks. Interacts with internal and external customers, by meeting regularly, responding to requests, and explaining procedures. Interacts cross-functionally and with internal and external customers. Serves as a consultant for area customer, engineering, or scientific interpretations and advice on significant matters.
Education Level Major/Field of Study Or Education Level Bachelors Degree ± 16 years
- Engineering, Science, or equivalent field of study.
Experience Details: Minimum of 3 years
- Technical Area Supervisor, Engineering position experience, or equivalent.
Intermediate commands of English / Required