Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
- Supervises and provides guidance to the staff in the analysis, design and execution of IT Compliance.
- Identifies, proposes, initiates and leads significant improvement programs related to IT Compliance policy, processes and procedures.
- Leads the IT Compliance activities within a client area, providing oversight on a project or multiple initiatives.
- Provides input into resource planning and allocation across multiple projects/client areas for IT Compliance activities.
- Ensures that documentation is in compliance with policy and procedures .
- Leads and provides oversight to implementation of testing methodologies and/or IT Compliance practices for the organization.
- Develops the testing strategy and architecture for large projects and develops the overall IT Compliance plans and timetables.
Additional Main Responsibilities:
- Provides guidance to staff during review and approval of IT Compliance system documentation.
- Communicates project progress by producing project reports to provide timely and accurate status to Project team, Division, Cross Division and Executive management.
- Makes recommendations based on current project status to resolve issues.
- Performs work using standard methodologies, processes and tools to ensure IT Compliance.
- Resolve issues that may delay multiple projects for the client area or otherwise subject the company to financial or regulatory risk.
- Oversees project tasks and timelines of staff members and is held accountable to them.
- Gathers and analyzes data and reports on metrics for assessing effectiveness of IT Compliance related processes for the division.
- Develops business relationships and integrates activities with other internal IT and QA departments to ensure successful implementation and support of project efforts by ensuring consistent IT compliance practices.
- Influences or has final decision authority for project-level budget and activities.
- Assists in the establishment of regulated policies and procedures within the organization.
- Establishes and maintains productive relationships with all levels in the Divisional IT organization, and business function.
- Acts as a liaison and IT Compliance expert to assure successful implementations.
- Serves as a source of information on the IT Compliance needs and regulatory environment.
- Exercises considerable latitude in determining objectives of assignments.
- Establishes organizational objectives and delegates assignments.
- Accountable for actions and decisions taken by self and subordinates.
- Accountable for the accuracy of the fit of the proposed solution to the business needs and the information upon which the business justification and prioritization decisions are made.
- Also accountable for communicating the business need and drivers to development groups to assure the implementation phase can fulfill the business need.
- Develops and proposes solutions to ensure on-going compliance with industry rules and regulations (internal and external). Influences organization decisions and business area objectives.
- Decisions impact achievement of business area objectives.
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent certification or experience. No advanced degree required.
- 7-9 years experience in a quality systems environment, or equivalent combined work experience.
- Excellent analytical, judgment and consultative capabilities and communication skills and the ability to work with both IT management and staff.