Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
We are seeking an experienced, high caliber Quality Inspector II. This position is responsible to perform quality control inspection activities.
Each employee can make a difference at Abbott and has the power, either individually or as a team, to influence the success of the company. We are team-oriented, fast-paced and progressive. We value people with great ideas who partner with others both internally and externally to take action and accomplish goals.
- Perform product inspections and document results against specification and procedural requirements.
- Document non-conformances as appropriate.
- Support all Company initiatives as identified by management and in support of Quality Management Systems (QMS), Environmental Management Systems (EMS), and other regulatory requirements.
- Complies with U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, other regulatory requirements, Company policies, operating procedures, processes, and task assignments
- Maintains positive and cooperative communications and collaboration with all levels of employees, customers, contractors, and vendors.
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities, on occasion, as assigned.
- Recommends changes to streamline manufacturing workflow
Your experience(s), education and knowledge:
- High School degree required.
- 2 plus year prior inspection experience
- Knowledge of Quality Systems, FDA regulations, ISO 13485 and applicable worldwide regulatory requirements.
- Multitasks, prioritizes and meets deadlines in timely manner
- Strong organizational and follow-up skills, as well as attention to detail
- Ability to maintain regular and predictable attendance
Your preferred qualifications and education:
- 2 plus year prior medical device experience preferred
- Experience working in a broader enterprise/cross-division business unit model preferred.