Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Provide Process/Quality Engineering support to manufacturing, helping to ensure delivery of highest quality product to the customer. Provide Process/Quality
Engineering support to product development teams, helping to ensure development of highest quality new products.
Core Job Responsibilities
- Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures.
- Identifies and controls Manufacturing process defects (scrap, nonconforming material, custom complaints) by participating in efforts/teams focused on identifying
- the primary root causes and implementing corrective and preventative actions. May be responsible for querying & bounding data to support implementation of complex & documenting release criteria.;
- Develops product quality plans, documents and systems by creating product specifications, quality specifications and quality plans in conjunction with other product development team members.
- May be responsible for creating risk analyses and FMEAs.;
- Develops Process Monitoring Systems by identifying critical process steps applying methods to reduce process variation in order to reduce/eliminate the cause of defects.;
- Leads process improvement efforts by identifying methods to capture quality metric data and by performing appropriate analysis methods to enhance sustaining product design and new product development.;
- Assists in creation of Quality Tools & Training Materials by understanding the limitations of existing quality tools and training materials, and by helping to identify more effective tools & materials.
- Works under general supervision. Follows established procedures.
- Work is reviewed for soundness of technical judgment, overall adequacy and accuracy.;
- May provide May provide limited work direction and guidance to exempt and/or skilled nonexempt levels of employees; may be asked to evaluate performance
- of and assist in career development planning for subordinates.
- Cultivates a wide range of internal networks and begins to develop an extensive external network of resources to facilitate completion of tasks.
- May lead a project team of moderate scope. Provides guidance to less experienced staff. Acts as a mentor to lower level individual contributors.
- Influence exerted at peer level and occasionally at first levels of management.;
- Plans, organizes, and prioritizes own daily work routine to meet established schedule.;
- Exercises authority and judgment within defined limits to determine appropriate action. Failure to achieve results or erroneous decisions or recommendations may cause delays in program schedules and may result in the allocation of additional resources.
Bachelor's degree (Engineering) plus 2-5 years of related work experience with a good understanding of specified functional area, or Master's degree with 0-2 years of related work experience, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
Minimum Experience / Training
** Medical Device or Pharma industry experience required
** Green Belt certification a plus
- Working technical knowledge and application of concepts, practices and procedures. General understanding of business unit/group function. Will perform this job in a quality system
environment. Failure to adequately perform tasks can result in noncompliance with governmental regulations.;
- Works on problems of moderate scope where analysis of situations or data requires a review of identifiable factors.
- Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action. Has a broad knowledge of technical alternatives and an understanding of their impact on the systems environment.
JOB FAMILY:Operations Quality
LOCATION:United States > Temecula : Building E - TE Floor-2
TRAVEL:Yes, 10 % of the Time
MEDICAL SURVEILLANCE:Not Applicable
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Continuous standing for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Keyboard use (greater or equal to 50% of the workday)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf