Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Primary Job Function:
Perform quality assurance release in accordance with good documentation practices. Provides technical assistance to engineering to support manufacturing efforts by implementing corrective and preventative actions. Assists engineers in developing methods and procedures to control or improve
Core Job Responsibilities:
Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures.
1. Assists engineering in providing manufacturing support by learning to analyze data and identify manufacturing issues and trends. May also train operators on basic processes and engineering changes, and
perform operator certification on-the-job training and testing.
2. Assists in identifying Manufacturing issues byworking with Engineering to determine root cause and implement corrective and preventative action.
3. Learns process to disposition non-conforming material by utilizing quality tools and by developing knowledge of manufacturing practices and procedures.
4. Helps to develop and implement process improvements by assisting Engineering in researching and validating changes in processes/equipment and test methods to improve yield and/or reduce cycle time per established procedures.
5. Assists Engineering in supporting process development during new product introduction by providing input to traceability and inspection requirements, providing input for statistical process control criteria, developing manufacturing instructions, and
creating training sheets and certifications. May also train operators on processes and engineering changes and perform operator certification on-the-job training and testing.
6. Assists Engineering with qualification and validation studies & reports by collecting, compiling, measuring, organizing and recording data, and by writing procedures. May keep lab notebook.
7. Review documentation for material at quality steps in various processes then disposition material appropriately to procedure.
H.S. diploma or equivalent plus 2-5 years of related work experience or equivalent combination. Two-year degree or some college credits preferred.
Minimum Experience / Training Required:
(Technical/Business Knowledge (Job Skills))
Applies broad knowledge of general technical concepts and practices and a general understanding of product or systems fundamentals. Utilizes increased knowledge of numerical and statistical data and computer software programs to resolve non-routine/moderately complex problems. Will perform this job in a quality system environment. Failure to adequately perform tasks can result in noncompliance with governmental regulations.;
Performs non-routine to moderately complex technical assignments using standard methods and sequences. Performs set-up, testing, repair, inspection, and/or maintenance of all area specific equipment, materials, systems, and/or product. Makes adjustments, modifications, and replacements as directed. Assignments require broad judgment in troubleshooting proven processes as well as the ability to suggest alternatives.
NO RELOCATION ASSISTANCE IS AVAILABLE FOR THIS POSITION