Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 107,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries
At Abbott, we believe people with diabetes should have the freedom to enjoy active lives. That’s why we’re focused on helping people with diabetes manage their health more effectively and comfortably, with life-changing products that provide accurate data to drive better-informed decisions. We’re revolutionizing the way people monitor their glucose levels with our new sensing technology.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Support the global downstream marketing for Abbott Diabetes Care’s sensor-based glucose monitoring products and digital health tools (app and software report system). Key responsibilities include supporting the development of promotional strategies and tactics, driving key marketing initiatives, and providing on-market support.
· You will work closely with key stakeholders, analyze the market, competition, clinical and customer needs to identify marketing challenges and opportunities. Develop marketing programs that meet customer needs and deliver on business objectives.
· Downstream marketing, commercialization, and On Market Support
· Work with Area Marketing, Commercial, and Market Access groups to develop commercialization strategies and rollout plans for key marketing initiatives
· Lead the planning and on-going development and execution of on market products including product improvements, marketing claims, updating marketing materials, and clinical design and claims.
· Develop and execute creative strategies and marketing materials.
· Provide guidance on the development and maintenance of packaging and labeling.
· Develop and execute global product launch plans and training in concert with Area Marketing groups.
· Manage product lifecycle
· Serve as product/market expert related to product positioning, competitive information, product performance, etc.
· Will be accountable for developing marketing strategies and tactics supporting existing consumer portfolio
· Understand global business dynamics and competitive environment and potential impact on business unit results
· Manage marketing budget associated with specific programs/tactics (plan and track expenses)
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
Bachelors Degree with at least 4-6 years related experience, with at least one year of experience in marketing or product management, or MBA with 1-3 years of related experience. Marketing product/brand marketing experience in either health care/OTC marketing; or consumer packaged goods marketing; or a combination of the two preferred.
Self-starter that is assertive, possesses a high degree of self-confidence and intellectual curiosity, and demonstrates good executive presence. Strong demonstrated leadership skills and the ability to influence partners in other functional areas. Proven ability to identify/define business questions and issues and develop strategic, analytical and financial frameworks to conduct analysis. Excellent oral and written communication skills, with the ability to interact effectively with all levels of management. Proven ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently under aggressive timelines in a dynamic environment. Comfortable working across functional areas and at varying levels of the organization. Previous experience with brand and product management, marketing strategy, marketing effectiveness, and strong communication and organization skills ideal.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
Training and career development , with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
Paid t ime off
401 ( k ) retirement savings with a generous company match
The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com , on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.
ADC Diabetes Care
United States > Alameda : 1360-1380 South Loop Road
Yes, 10 % of the Time
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Keyboard use (greater or equal to 50% of the workday)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf